Author Topic: [Fix] - Home link from clickstream on home page.  (Read 5088 times)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
[Fix] - Home link from clickstream on home page.
« on: February 16, 2006, 02:50:36 AM »
I remember posting this on the old forum in the past.

I just wanted to advise that, when users are switching languages (by using the dropdown form from the Language Select MOD for example - "and" others) + refresh the page (no matter where), a refresh question from your browser will appear. To fix that, a clickstream string needs to be added in your index.php file (in order to avoid using 'refresh'). By simply clicking on the home link will resolve the issue. ;)

In index.php file,

find :

}
else {
  $template = "";
}

add below :

Code: [Select]

$clickstream = "<a href=\"".$site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."index.php")."\">".$lang['home']."</a>";

;)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [Fix] - Home link from clickstream on home page.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 03:11:34 AM »
I'm not sure what you are talking about...there is no clickstream link on home page, there is only one word "Home" in the clickstream without any links...
perhaps you should describe what is what a little better...at the moment your description doesnt make sense to me...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: [Fix] - Home link from clickstream on home page.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 03:25:51 AM »
For example, you install a MOD (and, as said, there are others) like : Language Select. You wish to change the language from the dropdown form (for instance, when editing the home page in this case). Then, you hit refresh, the refresh warning window will appear (the one from your browser) and we have to hit "ok" each times (which, I must say, is very annoying). That said, there are no other ways than re-typing the URL "or" accepting the refresh window info for avoiding these boxes. Which is why, the home link has been added above - in order to get rid of these annoying warnings.