• [Mod] Auto image resize on upload v2.0.1 (2010-12-18) 4 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [Mod] Auto image resize on upload v2.0.1 (2010-12-18)  (Read 588378 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [Mod] Auto image resize on upload. (updated 19/09/04)
« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
No mods being added into default 4images. You'll need install it manually.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline kennedyusa058

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2009, 09:37:08 AM »
It's really great. I like it very much.  :D

pret auto

Offline Sebas Bonito

• Sebas Bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2009, 10:59:19 AM »
Working on v1.7 - v1.7.6
I guess it's also compatible to 1.7.7, but I'd like to be sure  :wink:
Update: It works.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:07:45 PM by Schnick_und_Schnack »

Offline Sebas Bonito

• Sebas Bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »
I'd like to use the MOD "Multi Size Download of same image", but the "auto image resizer" won't save the original one in subfolder "big" of each category. How to go on?

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 23, 2009, 07:44:42 PM »
@ Schnick_und_Schnack

... nicht ganz richtig deine Aussage, da offensichtlich nicht alles gelesen hier ...
... Auto copy original file to /big/ folder by resize on upload : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7700.msg22313#msg22313 ...
... und alles noch mal im Zusammenhang findest du auch hier : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=20496.0 ...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline Sebas Bonito

• Sebas Bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 23, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
@ Schnick_und_Schnack

... nicht ganz richtig deine Aussage, da offensichtlich nicht alles gelesen hier ...
... Auto copy original file to /big/ folder by resize on upload : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=7700.msg22313#msg22313 ...
... und alles noch mal im Zusammenhang findest du auch hier : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=20496.0 ...
Stimmt, die 28 Seiten hab ich nicht gelsen. Aber herzlichen Dank für die Zusammenstellung, jetzt hab ich's auch gecheckt  :wink:

UPDATE:
I made the update to save the original file in the "big"-folder (like here was descripted), but nothing happened. The normal Upload works (inkl. the autoresizer), but the original BIG file won't be saved in the folder. I checked the folder of its category, but CHMOD is 777, and I've seen no server-error-logs. I also deleted the big folder... after I uploaded the new filed a new BIG-folder was created, but without the original file within.

UPDATE 2:
Okay, I've thought there weren't any errors... but take a look:
[Tue Jun 23 23:49:12 2009] [error] [client XYZ] PHP Warning: copy() [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10022 is not allowed to access /srv/www/vhosts/XYZ.de/httpdocs/XYZ/data/media/11/big owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/vhosts/XYZ.de/httpdocs/XYZ/member.php on line 670, referer: http://www.XYZ.de/XYZ/member.php?action=uploadform
[Tue Jun 23 23:49:12 2009] [error] [client XYZ] PHP Warning: copy(./data/media/11/big/Rockbr_Postkarten4.jpg) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/vhosts/XYZ.de/httpdocs/XYZ/member.php on line 670, referer: http://www.XYZ.de/XYZ/member.php?action=uploadform
Okay, so the SAFE MODE is the problem.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:51:54 PM by Schnick_und_Schnack »

Offline shane

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Auto image resize on upload.
« Reply #411 on: July 08, 2009, 09:26:25 AM »
Very good idea, V@no! According to my experience, just 10% of users have some idea how to resize their images, so if they're trying to upload oversized photos, and gallery doesn't accept it, they just give up...

Very true, Great mod v@no

Offline Sebas Bonito

• Sebas Bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 08, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »
Nobody an idea, why the copy into the big-folder doesn't work  :?:  :oops: [see post #415]

rinaldos

« Reply #413 on: July 08, 2009, 11:36:50 AM »
Maybe you have an error inserting the code .... Without any codes is it impossible to find out, why this doesn't work for you .....

Gruß

Offline waynenort

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 01, 2009, 06:53:42 AM »
Did all the steps - downloaded the install_autoimage.php
and ran it from the IE  after I did all the changes in the mod and I keep getting this error " An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
". Please see the screen capture. Went thorugh all the steps again, just incase I missed something and the same thing happens.
any ideas to why?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #415 on: August 01, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »
Second time might give you errors, because the database already updated. Check if mod works by changing "Auto-resize image" and "Auto-resize image quality" settings
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline waynenort

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:47 AM »
Strange.... Because this also happened this first time I installed it on a test sight before putting it on the public sight (different datebase). Figured this first time it went wrong on the because I was fooling around with the complete gallery structure and images ended up all pixellated when resized. This time around it the resizer works fine even though it gave that error. Thought I only hit the install once, but must have done it a second time.
Thanks mate.

Offline Sebas Bonito

• Sebas Bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »
Maybe you have an error inserting the code .... Without any codes is it impossible to find out, why this doesn't work for you .....
Gruß
No, it had to do with the "safe mode... now it's off and everything works fine.  :)

Offline Boltning

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 03, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
Hello 4 images - its a very nice app.
Installed the gallery and all worked great.
Played with teh structure and added your Mod. Auto image resize.
Must of deleted something I shouldn't because I don't get the loading square with the arrow wehn uploading images. And the Max. image size in KB in admin doesn't work now. I can upload any size image no matter what its set on.
Wahts ment to run the loading square and where can it be found? I guess thats my issue.

tks

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #419 on: August 03, 2009, 04:32:15 PM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

I'm not quiet sure what square you are talking about...
As of image sizes - admins don't have any restrictions, other then image types.