• [MOD] Media sites v1.11.1 (2010-12-22) 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Media sites v1.11.1 (2010-12-22)  (Read 349383 times)

Offline Bogdan

• View Profile
    • Press Release
Re: [MOD] Media sites v1.10 (2010-07-04)
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2010, 06:15:58 PM »
In acp, admin sets some video sites which are allowed for embedding. Then a user is trying to embed something, using the entire embed code generated by the video site.

After user has pressed the submit/save button, the mod only checks if the link from the embed code is allowed (allowed sites from the acp). If yes, save everything to database and publish it, if not return message : try again with embed codes from these sites: youtube, google, etc.

No need to edit the mod's files, each time a user propose another video site.

My php/html knowledge is at beginner level... so if what i'm saying it's wrong or not safe... just ignore it :)).

Offline V@nо

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
What is in ACP or whatever you see in the browser is only a GUI, there is a code behind it that has to be executed in order to check validity of the input. You cannot just add keywords "youtube" or "google" and magically everything will work by itself, the code must already support such keywords.
It is more complicated that you might think ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
If I asked you to PM me, I meant PM to my primary account, this account doesn't accept PMs.

Offline Sunny C.

• Addicted member
  • I ♥ 4I
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »
I updates Step 1 + Step 4
But "http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UN6NIGRS" don't work!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »
Ok, re-do step 1
should work now.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Sunny C.

• Addicted member
  • I ♥ 4I
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
Best Thanks

Offline Sebas Bonito

• Sebas Bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »
To present the thumbnail as a standard picture for the Facebook-Sharing-Function I've add the following meta-tag in the header:

Code: [Select]
<meta property="og:image" content="{if details}http://domain.com/data/thumbnails/{cat_id}/{media_url}{endif details}{ifnot details}http://domain.com/standard_preview_jpg{endifnot details}">
As you can see, if you share a picture (of the details-page) in Facebook, it will present the original thumbnail; otherwise it will show a standard-picture for all the other pages. BUT the code above might be wrong for videos, cause {media_url} is the whole link to the video instead of the thumbnail-filename. What's the 4images-tag for the video-thumb? Is there a possibility?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2010, 02:07:08 PM »
I'm not sure how all that worked for you in the first place. {media_url} by default is supposed to be ./data/media/ nothing else, same as {thumb_url} is ./data/thumbnails/

Anyway, the tag for thumbnail is {thumbnail_file_name}
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Sebas Bonito

• Sebas Bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »
Actually, I don't know, why {media_url} works for picture  :lol:

But many thanx, the tag {thumbnail_file_name} is what I've searched for.  :D

Offline Sunny C.

• Addicted member
  • I ♥ 4I
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2010, 08:53:53 PM »
[Warning - Google Translate]

Hi Vano,

you can extend the modification for two pages?

I have uploaded a preview to show the url:
http://mp3upload.ca/music/view/26659

and
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/35219254/file.html / but the url is in the download-button like this: http://www39.zippyshare.com/d/352192541a/1279046970/35219254.mp3

I will offer drums and beats on my new side. Because I have at disposal only one Webspace, I cannot offer the whole files myself and must fall back on external services. It would be really great if you can straighten the modification for it, also with pleasure as an enlargement

Edit: //

This dont work:
  "mp3upload"        => array("#^(http://(www\.)?mp3upload\.ca/music/(view|play)/([0-9]+)\(|.mp3))#",

null,

null,

MS_BBCODE_YES,

"http://mp3upload.ca",

""//works

),

http://mp3upload.ca/music/view/26659
http://mp3upload.ca/music/play/26659.mp3
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:39:59 PM by Sumale.nin »

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: [MOD] Media sites v1.11 (2010-07-14)
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:08 AM »
Quote from: Changes in v1.11
- CHANGED: thumbnail creation now using create_thumbnail() 4images function, not resize_image()
- ADDED: mp3upload.ca support
- ADDED: zippyshare support (audio only)
- REMOVED: myspacevideo support

To update, re-do Step 1 and Step 4

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »
Helo Vano,

Great Mod, I was wondering sir, what does it exactly do, do you mean it lets User's for example put www.youtube.com/test1e3435 and then a video will be uploaded??

Also can certain user groups use this functionality and i can i set permissions? Sorry sir, first off the most important question also is do users upload video material to catergories???

Forgive me if i have not made my self clear, please dont hesititate to ask me if you didnt understand sir,

god bless u  and GREAT MOD

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »
With this mod users will be able submit (not upload) url's to videos from supported by this mod sites. When a video submitted it will be showed by using that sites player. No actual video file being uploaded to your server, only a link to it.
As of user groups, this mod doesn't provide any additional permissions then what 4images already offers by default, meaning there is no way restrict/allow specific user group to specific media types, or specify what media types is allowed in specific category. However, if I recall correctly, such mods are exist and should work fine with media sites mod as well.

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »
thank u so much for the reply.. so if i go ahead and modify my 4images with this MOD, and when a user for examples puts www.youtube.com, it will show up as the specific user that has put it up and not just anonomosly.

Also regarding user groups, u said that there isnt really a restriction that u know off regarding this MOD, so does this mean regardless of what user group a user is in they all have privileges and are allowed to upload media from all of the web video sites mentioned

god bless u sir

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
thank u so much for the reply.. so if i go ahead and modify my 4images with this MOD, and when a user for examples puts www.youtube.com, it will show up as the specific user that has put it up and not just anonomosly.
that is correct. And you can test it yourself at my demo site.

Also regarding user groups, u said that there isnt really a restriction that u know off regarding this MOD, so does this mean regardless of what user group a user is in they all have privileges and are allowed to upload media from all of the web video sites mentioned
Correct. The only restrictions 4images has is weather visitors/users are allowed upload anything in specific category or not. If a category permissions allow a visitor to upload, then they can upload whatever is allowed in the settings (images, videos, media sites, etc)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2010, 07:50:27 PM »
forgive me,

i just had a question i have never modded 4images before of mine so im a bit cautious,

i just wondered when u say

Find while ($image_row = $site_db->fetch_array($result)) {

and insert below

/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  BEGIN INSERT
*/
      if (empty($image_row['image_download_url']) && $data = media_sites($image_row['image_media_file']))
        continue;
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

do you mean find the cound and inside the parentheses insert the following code and this is the reason u have an opening parenthese right?

Also when u ask us to find a specific code with no parentheses open and ask us to insert ABOVE,  $text = preg_replace($search_array, $replace_array, $text); you mean find that specific code and hit a few enters to create space and then insert the specific code right above the code u have asked us.

sorry just wanted to make sure, im new at this modding thing.

1 more thing im sorry, to put new file extensions in valid file extensions what do i need to do, because there are a few other sites i would like to include like for example, flickr, tinypic, photobucket, and thats about it, how do i do it? thank u sir
god bless u mate
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:06:55 PM by zakaria666 »