Author Topic: 4images Licence & other questions  (Read 11357 times)

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
4images Licence & other questions
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:59:58 AM »
Hi

I went through the online license information but can’t seem to get it. So I am asking it here.

1) I am using AdSense & some other affiliate ads on my site. Does that entitled me to get a license?? (I no its answer though :) )

2) There is a site "ArtisticReality.net" (Down coz of server at the moment) they were using 4images to Sell High Quality wallpapers. (Subscription kind of thing) Do they need to have a license to do that??

3) I am thinking to have one more wallpaper site where users will be able to make a small donation/fee to remove all the Advertisement on the site. It’s like “pay $5 to become Premium member and see no ad”. All the wallpapers will be available for registered & non registered users. Does this thing entitle me to go for a License Version??

4) 4Images is available free and I respect it. But can you (me) charge others to provide your services like installing 4images, maintaining it & customizing template?
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
Re: 4images Licence & other questions
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 09:57:18 AM »
I have to know the answers before i do anything further ..  :?
So "Bumping" the post

Someone Please Reply
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline mantra

• View Profile
    • DREAM WITH MANTRA
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »
if you make money from the script i guess you must pay for it , read more here http://www.4homepages.de/4images/license.php#english

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:29:14 PM »
if you make money from the script i guess you must pay for it , read more here http://www.4homepages.de/4images/license.php#english

Sure.
But actually I am not sure about my point (3) in first post. I don’t know if people will see it like "Selling Wallpapers". Although, in no way I would be selling anything coz I simply can’t. I don’t own any wallpaper so I can not sell it.

With my AdSense ads, I haven’t got anything yet. No check so far. My daily earning is under 1$ and most of the time at max $0.30.

So currently with my site, I m not getting any thing that I can even pay for my hosting charges. Earning is something different.

I don’t want to do business with it, but yes I want to get “Something” from it so that I can put more efforts and can do better work.

Lately I was having trouble with my hosting coz of database issue. You can confirm it from my previous posts. My host is asking me to pay more if I want to keep my site with them. (They want me to get a VPS for $29.99/month)
I am no way able to do that coz I am not a person with that kind of money. That’s how I thought to do something different than just displaying AdSense ads.
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:39:59 AM »
It depends on the owner of the site. If its a company, they must have a licence, no matter whats the usage of the site.

If the owner of the site is a private person, theres no licence required. Having some banners on your site doenst makes you being a company. So, no licence is required.

Selling something as a private person makes you (in most cases) being seen as a company and a licence is required.

There are a lot of cases wheres its not very clear what you are. In this case, just write an email to us and we'll check the individual situation.

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline Fastian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 09:36:28 PM »
It depends on the owner of the site. If its a company, they must have a licence, no matter whats the usage of the site.

If the owner of the site is a private person, theres no licence required. Having some banners on your site doenst makes you being a company. So, no licence is required.

Selling something as a private person makes you (in most cases) being seen as a company and a licence is required.

There are a lot of cases wheres its not very clear what you are. In this case, just write an email to us and we'll check the individual situation.

Jan

Thanks Jan for replying here

I have send you a detail mail using your online form.
What would you say about this point?
4Images is available free and I respect it. But can you (me) charge others to provide your services like installing 4images, maintaining it & customizing template?

The idea behind this came from Joomla forum where people are offering their services to setup Joomla sites. (Free & Paid depending on work)
I m not a  Programmer.
          But
I m a Good Learner.

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 10:22:44 AM »
4Images is available free and I respect it. But can you (me) charge others to provide your services like installing 4images, maintaining it & customizing template?

The idea behind this came from Joomla forum where people are offering their services to setup Joomla sites. (Free & Paid depending on work)

Offering (paid) services around 4images is not only tolerated but very appreciated by us.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 11:50:58 AM »
Hey Fastian, how did you make the dropdown category's on your site? :-)