Author Topic: NeeD Help ASAP .. TY  (Read 3179 times)

Offline q8uwait

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
NeeD Help ASAP .. TY
« on: July 23, 2006, 08:27:58 PM »
Hello,

I uploaded a .3gp file with an Arabic name and some spaces

for example

تجربة تجربة.3gp

when i upload this file to the media folder and then from the control panel when i check for new files i get the file, however the file name seems to be missing the first part of the filname

like it shows that this file was found (تجربة تجربة.3gp ) but it only puts this ( تجربة ) in the filename

Is there is a code modification that allows it to right the file even if it is in arabic or has some spaces in it.

cause I have many files that i would like to add through FTP and then import them from the Control panel, but i would like each file to keep its name even if there is spaces or if it's in arabic.

Thank you

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: NeeD Help ASAP .. TY
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 08:57:31 PM »
This is done to make 4images compatible with all type of servers. Not every server can handle properly non-latin letters, especialy if they are in unicode

P.S. please read forum rules, your headline is useless.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline q8uwait

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: NeeD Help ASAP .. TY
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 06:38:37 AM »
Sorry about the title  :oops:

I didn't understand your reply, so can this be done or not ? i have my own server too.

Thanks