Author Topic: Server Transfers  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Eri

• View Profile
    • http://amnos.net
Server Transfers
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone asked this already in this board as I couldn't find any threads related to this problem, but if there already was one, please let me know and lead me there.

The download.php file is giving problems (spamming??) to my current host that they had to disable it in order for their servers to work for their other hostees, which also loses the purpose of my gallery site.  I plan to move the whole gallery to another server (hosted under another one of my domains) but I want to retain everything without losing a single image file uploaded.

I backed up my database already via Control Panel and about to install 4Images in the new server, but I'm unsure how I can restore my current stuff to the new one w/o starting all over.  If there's any way, can you lead me to the right direction as to how I can make this possible?

My site is here - http://introspect.amnos.net.  I'm also using the latest version (1.7.2)

Thanks!

Offline IcEcReaM

• View Profile
    • My little Testboard
Re: Server Transfers
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:59:30 PM »
it's just copy all related files from old server to new server,
and insert the backup from db into the new server (can done with phpmyadmin).
modify your config.php
Coding is a everlasting competition between programmers who tries to write larger, better and idiot-safe programs and the universe producing larger and stupider idiots...
...so far the universe won
bump

Offline mantra

• View Profile
    • DREAM WITH MANTRA
Re: Server Transfers
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 02:35:34 AM »
after all when you move all your data in new server [ with ftp ] and change property each folder or file [ to 777 ] and make new database and dumb it.

It will work ....

But one thing not work for sure all related with :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

1.check new image [ work but with problem, some image will detect as new image even that image allready in database ]
2.auto thumbnailer [ this is big problem allthought they made the thumb but in UNIX host all those thumb will don't have property (empty ) shomething like broken image ]
3.resize image

and until now just wonder , how to fix this :twisted: