Author Topic: [MOD Project] 4images Board  (Read 32315 times)

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
Re: [MOD Project] 4images Board
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 10:10:21 AM »
No, hotscripts or any other us-site is not a good alternative, because it will costing to much money. But i have news, i finally find a coder who thinks he can modify the board, hes now analyzing the whole 4images structure, it will take some time, but at least thats a start ;) I keep you posted on this.

Offline IcEcReaM

• View Profile
    • My little Testboard
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 10:22:59 AM »
he wants to recode the dreamboard,
or coding a new board?
Coding is a everlasting competition between programmers who tries to write larger, better and idiot-safe programs and the universe producing larger and stupider idiots...
...so far the universe won
bump

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »
his choice, but it would be a lot faster to recode the dreamboard, i don't know, i'am not a php-coder. He promises to give me a call these days so we have to wait ;)

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 11:05:30 AM »
Don't you need this aprowed by the creator if dreamboard then?

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 01:09:02 PM »
i dont think so, because "re-coding" includes new structure, new functions, new fields etc...

Offline BartAfterDark

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 01:11:23 PM »
I would still ask Manta or what his name is. If it is okay :)

Offline Olphi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 01:26:38 PM »
@ Trez

If I were you, I would ask a coder to create a mod to integrate an existing board like smf or phpBB or something like that! And with integrate I mean: same user management, full inegration of the board controllpanel into the acp of 4images, etc...
I think, this way is better than others...

Cheers  :mrgreen:

PS: Some opensource boards: http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=462&Itemid=159

Offline trez

• View Profile
    • blog / photography
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 02:22:56 PM »
@Olphi: Yes, this is also being discussed, we will see what will be the best.

@Bart: Ask him about what? Under re-coding i understand a whole new code, new files and templates, new layout, new tablestructure, better security etc etc etc. We dont  paint a car here, we build a whole new one based on official php functions. Of course, if some of mantras code is being used (what my coder is deciding) he will be includet in the credits as well. But when we include just some lines, witch are used not only by mantras board -  about what have i to ask him for ? And again, its not my decision what lines are used, btw, a forum needs GOOD support - ever visiting mantras site? About 40 questions "pending" since the release. So? I dont understand the problem, i just want to have a good board, i dont give a ** what the name of the board is or who gets the credits. I thought PHP programmers help each other, or work in a team, but i see many offtopics in this forum because someone thinks hes better than the other and tries to find fictios errors and so on ..  :roll: whatever/

@Mantra: Dont take it wrong, this is not about "stealing" your code, of course i can post you the code before it goes official, and you can check it for copyright problems. We can name it Dreamboard v2.5 or whatever

Offline JensF

• Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.terraristik-galerie.de
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 10:57:44 PM »
@ Trez

If I were you, I would ask a coder to create a mod to integrate an existing board like smf or phpBB or something like that! And with integrate I mean: same user management, full inegration of the board controllpanel into the acp of 4images, etc...
I think, this way is better than others...

Cheers  :mrgreen:

PS: Some opensource boards: http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=462&Itemid=159

I´m not a Coder but i´m very interesting in a new board and i think this is the best way. an existent board that use the 4images database ans structure...
Mit freundlichem Gruß
Jens Funk

-> Sorry for my bad English <-

Offline mantra

• View Profile
    • DREAM WITH MANTRA
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 02:15:04 AM »
Hm , I like the idea .....

just go for it .
And sorry for dreamboard user for the momment not have good result being use this dreamboard.
[ I' really bussy  with all kind of my art.]

REGARDS

MANTRA

@Olphi: Yes, this is also being discussed, we will see what will be the best.

@Bart: Ask him about what? Under re-coding i understand a whole new code, new files and templates, new layout, new tablestructure, better security etc etc etc. We dont  paint a car here, we build a whole new one based on official php functions. Of course, if some of mantras code is being used (what my coder is deciding) he will be includet in the credits as well. But when we include just some lines, witch are used not only by mantras board -  about what have i to ask him for ? And again, its not my decision what lines are used, btw, a forum needs GOOD support - ever visiting mantras site? About 40 questions "pending" since the release. So? I dont understand the problem, i just want to have a good board, i dont give a ** what the name of the board is or who gets the credits. I thought PHP programmers help each other, or work in a team, but i see many offtopics in this forum because someone thinks hes better than the other and tries to find fictios errors and so on ..  :roll: whatever/

@Mantra: Dont take it wrong, this is not about "stealing" your code, of course i can post you the code before it goes official, and you can check it for copyright problems. We can name it Dreamboard v2.5 or whatever

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 02:22:13 AM »
@mantra, since you are here, please take 5 minutes of your time and update all files for your board with this critical security patch:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=11855.0
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline mantra

• View Profile
    • DREAM WITH MANTRA
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 03:10:17 AM »
OK i will stop the download for momment until fix the bug...

thanks V@no :wink:

Offline Chicco

• View Profile
    • The Picture World
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 02:28:58 PM »
Ähmm... 8O

Langsam kapier ich es nun nichts mehr vor lauter Dreamboard-Einträgen hier...

Also einerseits ist das von Mantra eingestellt worden, gelle? :roll:

Dann gibt es nun hier diesen Thread, bei dem ein neues Dreambord bzw. eben ein Forum entstehen soll..

Was muss ich bzw. welches kann ich nun verwenden, wenn ich JETZT ein forum einbauen möchte?

die Dreamboard Vers. 2.1 (inkl. bereist diesem Security Fix) oder ehe die 2.0+ Serucity Fix von Mantra?
Oder gibt es da ein anderes, was man mir eher empfiehlt?

Wissen ist MACHT! Nix zu wissen macht aber auch nix! ;-)

Gruß
Ch¿cco

Offline IcEcReaM

• View Profile
    • My little Testboard
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 04:26:28 PM »
Dieser Thread ging mal darum,
eben ein neues Board zu bauen,
entweder komplett neu, oder aufbauend auf das Dreamboard.
bisher hat sicher allerdings nichts getan.

Also wirklich viel hat der Thread mit dem Dreamboard selbst nicht zu tun.

Die Posts von mantra & vano bezogen sich nur darauf,
dass in den bisherigen Dreamboardversionen einige Sicherheitslücken sind,
die evtl. gefixed werden müssten.
Coding is a everlasting competition between programmers who tries to write larger, better and idiot-safe programs and the universe producing larger and stupider idiots...
...so far the universe won
bump

Offline Chicco

• View Profile
    • The Picture World
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 06:06:50 PM »
Okay..Das heisst also, ich kann und sollte die Dreamboard Version 2.1 benutzen bzw. verwenden, oder? Wenn ich jetzt ein Forum einbauen möche.....

Wissen ist MACHT! Nix zu wissen macht aber auch nix! ;-)

Gruß
Ch¿cco