Author Topic: please I need help very bad  (Read 3813 times)

Offline mrslayer

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
please I need help very bad
« on: January 26, 2006, 04:54:34 AM »
I uploaded all the files to my server, but it wont install, when i try to install it says this  (DB Error: Could not connect to the database server (my host, my username). i thought i was just putting in wrong pass but im positive its right, what am i doing wrong?

Offline TheOracle

• View Profile
Re: please I need help very bad
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 04:57:14 AM »

but im positive its right, what am i doing wrong?

If you're that convainced you entered the right mySQL info during the installation procedure, perhaps you should contact your web hosting service in order to gather these information so that you could enter your account properly the next times. ;)

In the mean time, this error message you're currently having is also covered in the FAQ.

Offline mrslayer

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 08:32:57 AM »
ok, i haev done ervything step by step by what i was told. i dont know my webcontrol username, now i know my database user name, my web control, would that the host of my database, which is my site? an example of what i mean would www.mysite.com be the webcontrolusername or is it the name i use to log into my control panel? please answer this cus ive sent a fwe emails to my webhost and not gotten any response

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 08:44:36 AM »
Only your webhost can answer this question.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)