Author Topic: please help: some thumbnails does not appear due to norton internet security !?  (Read 6233 times)

Offline photopulse

• View Profile
    • www.photopulse.ch
Hello

We tested the tool for now 2 weeks and everything is working fine but we still have a big problem.
some thumbnails does not appear on some machines due to norton internet security program !

On my machine everything is working well and on some other also but on some machines some of the thumbnails are missing ??? this is very strange and after some tests we find out that it has something to do with the norton internet security program and the "ad blocking" function. When this option is activated some of my thumbnails don't show up. we checked the settings of norton and could not find any strings in the the norton reference file that would explain why those thumbnails are blocked !!?

So we really don't know why some thumbs are showing up and other not ? even if they are exactly the same (rights, owner, jpg, ...) the only thing that is different are the name of the thumbs.

Here the link to the site : http://www.photopulse.ch/stock2  ... check gallery namibia

here a direct link to a thumbnail that appears : http://www.photopulse.ch/stock2/data/thumbnails/1/GD03-251-16.jpg

here a direct link to a thumbnail that does not appear : http://www.photopulse.ch/stock2/data/thumbnails/1/GD03-250-01.jpg

we wanted to buy the 2 licenses but before we have to resolve this problem.

Did somebody had the same problem ? can somebody help us ?

Thanx a lot
Jean-Luc

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
I'm sorry, but this issue has absolutely nothing to do with 4images, u should contact NIS support center, not 4images support...
I've had exact same issue with NIS (note, it wasnt only happeing with 4images based sites!), and finaly I got tired of that BS and gave up, switched to another software, its just wasnt worth the trouble for me to continue suffer with NIS.

In my understanding NIS give some sort of "points" for each image (file size + dimentions + name + whatever) and if sertain number of points is reached it treat these images as ads. Well, whatever it does, I think its very not "thought through" that end-user has no control over this...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline martrix

• View Profile
    • overlord.cz
As V@no says - this is not a 4images problem ;)

I can see all the (BTW: very wonderful) images incl. the thumbnails...
MAяTRIX

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
I have no problem with the links either.  I held off from replying last night because v@no summed it up precisely.  This is one of the many reasons I ditched Norton Internet Security as well - years ago in fact.

I would suggest that you contact Symantec support with your issue and see if they can provide an answer.

Offline photopulse

• View Profile
    • www.photopulse.ch
OK thanx everybody

We will kick Symantec and see if they have a solution. If we find something out I will post it here later on

Jean-Luc

Offline SunnyUK

• View Profile
*bump*

I'm bumping this just to make people aware that this problem still exists. And as said in the thread, there's apparently nothing we can do about it other than accept that Norton is a bit to strict when it determines what constitutes an add. So if anyone has problems with "missing thumbnails", do check whether disabling Norton (or adding your domain to the white list) solves the problem before spending hours and hours going crazy over the code (as I just did :( )