Author Topic: Not assigned to a usergroup  (Read 8900 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Not assigned to a usergroup
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:03:40 PM »
When a visitor joins my gallery, I assign them to the appropriate usergroup. However, there were times I didn't assign a member to any usergroup (i simply forgot). Is there a way to find/search for  members on the gallery who are not assigned to any usergroup???

thanks
Steve

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Re: Not assigned to a usergroup
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 10:22:42 PM »
Any help or comment please

Hmmmmmmmmm...the last few posts I made here no one seems to want to help....is there something wrong????

I use to get at least a comment from the resident experts...no more.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »
If everyone is asigned to a group, what is the point of it? its eaqual if you simply set needed category permisison to "Registered" - same effect, but less hasle...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Re: V@no my Reply to Why
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 07:50:32 PM »
Hey V@no

thanks for the reply.... Here is why. You can tell me if I'm all wet in thinking this way or not.

I have two groups. One is called Lady Group and the Other is called Male Group (I run a dating site). I have the mod installed that allows me to list group members separately. This works well because when I send out an email, I don't want each group to get the same email. I gear one email to Lady Members and one email to Male Members. In each case they are sent an emial that pertains to them and in some cases their is certain info a male should only know and the same for the lady members.

I register all the members myself as the Admin and put them in the appropriate group (lady or male). At times I simply forget to put a registered member in one of the groups. Consequently, when I go to use  the mod that list either the male or lady member and if I forgot to put a registered member in one of those groups, they are not going to get the appropriate newsletter.

My thought was how can I locate registered users that I fogot to put in a group so I can place them in the appropriate group so  they are sure to receive the appropriate newsletter when I use the mod that list groups and allows me to use mass emailing.

Anyways, am I looking at this the right way V@no?  :?  If so, could you tell me how to locate those registered users who are not in any group so I can place them in the appropriate group for newsletter purposes.

Thanks again, V@no for your help.

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Hey V@no
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »
Any chance for another look and help

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 08:17:49 PM »
V@no

Did my explanation above explain why I think I need this or is there something I don't understand.

thanks

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 12:25:54 AM »
Yes, and I recall you've mentioned this before...
For now, if its ok for you, I can give u MySQL query that would show users that are not in a group(s)...
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 05:19:15 AM »
V@no

That would be fantastic. I would love to have the squl query, please let me know.

thanks
steve

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 04:48:08 AM »
For now, if its ok for you, I can give u MySQL query that would show users that are not in a group(s)...

V@no, any chance of getting the sql query you mention above.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 05:23:16 AM »
V@no, any chance of getting the sql query you mention above.

* V@no feel stupid...
Before I posted that reply I checked that query with phpmyadmin - it worked great. But then...I lost that query and for some reason I cant figure out how I did it that time...whatever I try - doesnt work...

P.S. anyways, that query will only work with MySQL v4.1 or above

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 01:10:11 AM »
V@no that's ok...you should never feel stupid. I wish I had half your talents.

Take care