Author Topic: Out of Memory Error with Lightbox  (Read 3707 times)

Offline geoffbryant

• View Profile
    • http://www.cfgphoto.com
Out of Memory Error with Lightbox
« on: January 09, 2010, 03:37:45 AM »
Recently I've had a problem with lghtbox pages not loading. Instead I get an out of memory error message. The add to and take off lightbox buttons still work normally but click on the view lightbox button and the error message below comes up.

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 160783 bytes) in /hermes/web05b/b1133/pow.geoffbryant/htdocs/includes/template.php on line 185"

None of the files have been changed recently to make this happen. However, my database now contains around 19000 images in 1400 categories and I'm wondering if it is getting too large and becoming an unwieldy memory hog. This may also be the reason why I get an out of memory message if I set the search results page to show more than 25 images. Any ideas?

I wondered about the possibility that my web host had updated MySQL and that was perhaps causing problems. I tried using some files from the latest version of 4images to see if that fixed the problem. I was then able to get the lightbox to load but there were no images. Regrettably, my copy of 4images, now has so many mods and add-ons that it's difficult to upgrade. It's basically an amalgam of 1.7.2 and 1.7.4. Anyhow, it's worked fine until now.

Thanks,
Geoff Bryant
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:43:11 AM by geoffbryant »
Geoff Bryant

Rembrandt

Re: Out of Memory Error with Lightbox
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:46:47 AM »
Hi!

how many kb or mb have your images you callest in lightbox, and post your php.ini settings,  memory_limit,- post_max_size, and upload_max_file.

mfg Andi

EDIT: ok is not a problem from 4images, make your thumbnail smaller or memory limit higher.

Offline geoffbryant

• View Profile
    • http://www.cfgphoto.com
Re: Out of Memory Error with Lightbox
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:26:23 AM »
I've now managed to resolve this. There was a problem with the database that was upsetting the sessions information and since fixing that and tweaking php.ini all seems well.
Geoff Bryant