Author Topic: linking html template variables to php  (Read 5242 times)

Offline waynenort

• View Profile
linking html template variables to php
« on: October 25, 2009, 12:23:21 PM »
Forgive me if my request is confused...I'm just trying to understand a little more about html interacting with php

Does anyone know any tutorials on linking/assigning html variables to php?   EG: Opening or linking a php webpage via a html template file using something like {sampleName}.
It's seems all good php programs like 4 images make use of separate html templates to keep them apart from the php functions.

Thanks, Wayne

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: linking html template variables to php
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 06:55:49 PM »
I don't quiet understand your question...HTML doesn't have any variables...{sampleName} - we call them template tags, is that what you mean by "variables"?

maybe if you try explain what exactly you want to do...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline waynenort

• View Profile
Re: linking html template variables to php
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 01:16:53 PM »
Yes. Template tags will be what I mean.
I originally wanted to use a template tag within a html page to link up Nicky's Random image mod. As the include("./random.php"); wouldn't work if placed in a html page, unless an iframe was incorporated.
It solved the issue, but it got me thinking about these template tags. Since then there have been other times these tags may have come in handy.
So I'm after tutorials or good information to learn more about them.