Author Topic: Missing FAQ Mod -- moving 4images to another folder  (Read 4047 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Missing FAQ Mod -- moving 4images to another folder
« on: May 15, 2005, 07:03:16 PM »
Hi

There use to be a Mod for what to do when you moved 4images to another server in the FAQ. I can't find it now. I didn't move to another server, but I did move 4 images to a different folder on my server. I simply moved all the 4 image files and folders to a new folder called online-dating-gallery. Now that I made the move, I can't upload the pictures. I get the following error:

Code: [Select]
Warning: move_uploaded_file(./../data/media/2/Glenndel-4B24176.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/filipina/public_html/filipina-lady-gallery/includes/upload.php on line 113

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpEh9wkZ' to './../data/media/2/Glenndel-4B24176.jpg' in /home/filipina/public_html/filipina-lady-gallery/includes/upload.php on line 113

I don't know why it repeats twice, but it does. I searched for the MOD, but only thing I found was link to the FAQ by Vono which doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I did chmod all required directories to 777 and all files under templates/default to 666 and also the templates/default/media files to 666.

Can anyone tell me how to fix the above problem

thanks
Steve.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Missing FAQ Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 07:31:24 PM »
1) lets make is straight: there is no second "o" neither "e" in my name :P
2) even though u've said u've did CHMOD 777 on all required directories, apperiently u didnt do them all - everything inside data/media/ and data/thumbnails/ must be chmod 777 even the files.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 07:55:57 PM »
Sorry V@no  for not getting your name right  :oops:

Here is the chmod instructions I followed the first time I installed 1.7.1

5. Set permissions for the following directories:

chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : data
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : data/database
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : data/media
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : data/thumbnails
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : data/tmp_media
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : data/tmp_thumbnails
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : templates
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : templates/default
     chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) : templates/default/media

Set permissions for the following files:

chmod 666 (-rw-rw-rw-) : all files in the directory "templates/default"
     chmod 666 (-rw-rw-rw-) : all files in the directory "templates/default/media"

Everything worked fine, until I moved everything to a new directory. After I removed everything, I went back to every directory and  file and chmod them according to the above instructions. I made 3 attempts to upload and kept getting the error. Three times I checked to be sure my directory and files was chmod according to the above instructions---they are.

V@no, like I said, it worked fine before the move, are you saying I should chmod everything, including the files to 777 even though it says 666 for templates/default and templates/default/media?

Thanks Steve

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 08:08:40 PM »
sorry, but I didnt even mentioned the templates folder!
everything inside /data/ folder must be chmod 777
especialy after you moved everthing (I asume u did it through FTP), the owner of previosly uploaded images has changed to your account and required CHMOD 777 to work properly.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 08:26:29 PM »
Thanks V@no I'll give that a try.

Reporting back..........everything is working V@no. As usual, thanks for your excellent help.

steve