Author Topic: considering installing have questions  (Read 3223 times)

Offline silent1643

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
considering installing have questions
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:25:59 PM »
right now i use coppermine, but not fully happy with the program and the lack of support its forums have. I want to be able to use a system that will allow subscription based users. A good example of this is on bmezine.com, you can only view x amount of images before you need to upgrade etc.. Is this possible with this software?

Offline Jenn

• View Profile
Re: considering installing have questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »
Hello

I switched from about three different CMS's when I switched to this one because the support was VERY, VERY lacking. I have larened that to first search for what you are trying to look for then make your post. You get better support that way.

I do believe that there is a mod that handels the amount a guest can view per day, but I have not seen it fulfilled. Lots were asking about it. Possibly someone might have overlooked it.

Good luck, but before I would change, I would make sure what your looking for, it can do. Would hate to see you change then you cant get support for what you need.

Anything is possible.

Good luck!

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
Re: considering installing have questions
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 07:39:44 AM »
@ Jenn
I have larened that to first search for what you are trying to look for then make your post. You get better support that way.
The reason for this is if you ask a question or questions that have already been posted a few times not many want to respond since the answer is already out there.
People do respond to questions if they know the answer and have not been asked a handful of times already, if they don't know the answer then they just don't respond at all.

@ silent1643

My first suggestion is to install 4images, play with it and get use to it before you decide. While doing this other questions may arise and you can search or ask for help all while learning how it works.
Otherwise before you start that ask in the Mods & Plugins (Requests & Discussions) board about a "view images limit for users not guests".
There may be a few people out there that know how to do that, but if they are willing to do it for free or as a payed mod you would have to ask them.
I know Trez has quite a few paid mods that he has, not sure if that is one of them or if it is something he is willing to do.