Author Topic: Thumbnails automatically on upload???  (Read 5181 times)

Offline salewit

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lakeminnewaska.org
Thumbnails automatically on upload???
« on: March 04, 2003, 03:52:45 AM »
I'm confused as can be. I have several Gallery websites, and decided to try this one. Its got some great features. But the thumbnail issue has me scratching my head.

Let me get this straight. When I upload or anyone uploads, the thumbnail is NOT created right then and there? I have to MANUALLY do something to create a thumbnail? Is there any way or mod out there that will thumbnail an uploaded image? Why would I NOT want a thumbnail to be created immediately upon upload?

I searched this forum and the FAQS, and found several topics, but nothing pertaining to this.

Thanks
Sam
Sam A Lewit

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Thumbnails automatically on upload???
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 04:19:10 AM »
Quote from: salewit

I searched this forum and the FAQS, and found several topics, but nothing pertaining to this.

are you sure? ;)

go to admin control panel -> settings -> select whitch module do u want to use to create thumbnails (GD, ImageMagick or NetPBM), scroll little bit down, and set to "yes" Auto-create thumbnail
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline salewit

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lakeminnewaska.org
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 04:38:11 AM »
I got all that down. But when I upload an image, or anyone else uploads an image, there is nothing there but the stock thumbnail image. I have to manually click on the "AUTO THUMBNAILER" link on the Admin control panel to get a thumbnail.
Sam A Lewit

Offline Ernesto Taseffa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 07:58:59 AM »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:49:25 AM by Ernesto Taseffa »

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 10:28:45 AM »
Quote from: seffern
Oh and one other point: If you did not allow "direct upload" for "registered users" or "all" (depending on what you want) in the "edit categories" in the admin menu, then no user can directly upload any pictures  :wink:

Just want to make it little clear:
direct upload means - uploaded picture automaticaly add into the gallery, no validation by admin needed
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)