Author Topic: Template Error: Couldn't open Template-Pack ./templates/xyz  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Hoffmann

• View Profile
Hello, this is a strange report:

when I became for the first time this error, I thought that I have made a manipulation/setting error in the admin panel for an old template. The fact was: No possibility to have acces to the site / to the admin panel without a long procedure of corrections.

(the corrections to became acces to my website were:
locally I had to make a restore of the database with the setting of the old template. Then to upload  the old template and than I had acces. After a restore of the database with the setting of the old template I could chance the template and everything was alright.)

Some days later, the same error occured.
But this time in another homepage where I have the same configuration of templates. Did I made an error with the file transfer program and uploaded the wrong template or part of it to the wrong homepage, because I have two homepages?! A cross-over-error? I corrected everything in the same way as before, all was fine in my two homepages.

But later - I did not made setting changements or other - the same kind of problem occurred, there was the wrong template active. I corrected it und to be sure, deleted every old template stored in the template folder to be very shure, that I could not chose in the setting by error this old template.

Today, I mad a little change in the header site of the template in my homepage www.hoffmann-photo.eu and uploaded this one header page. Before, the homepage worked fine. Veryfing the side after this, I had on more time this template error. The old template is missing, for sure I did not choose it in the setting panel, because it cannot appear there.
(of course I had to make the same manipluations as before to come back to the old template und to correct it over a database restore with the old template setting.)

Now, I wonder what could be the reason and how can I avoid this ?

Thank you for any idea.

Regards
G.Hoffmann

Offline Hoffmann

• View Profile
Re: Template Error: Couldn't open Template-Pack ./templates/xyz
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
I forgot something:

After error and the procedure to became new acces, first I found the right start page but with the false categeries (the categories of the old template) and I have one time ago to restore the database and only then everything is as before.

Because I did some template modifications on the mantra dark template, may be that there is some relation there????

G.Hoffmann

Offline KurtW

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Malediven-Bilder ~~Dreams~~
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:43:18 PM »
Hi,

can i see the error?

############################ EDIT ###############################

And your code is not clean.
A lot of wrong parts inside.
Update your html and you have no problems.... :wink:

cu
Kurt

Offline Hoffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »
Hi, Kurt! I don't understand ?????Topic Summary
Posted on: Today at 12:43:18 PMPosted by: KurtW 
Insert Quote
Hi,

can i see the error?

############################ EDIT ###############################

And your code is not clean.
A lot of wrong parts inside.
Update your html and you have no problems.... 

But, one hour before, the website was good, everything corrected. Use of the template dldark ( with a little modification in appearance of the mantra template 4images_dark) did nothing more, but, yet, I looked for my site and the error was this time:
Template Error: Couldn't open Template ./templates/ghmod_dark/category_dropdown_form.html

There was no action from in any way to ask do use the template "ghmod_dark", how can this happen??

I am ....!!! ..and I don't know what I could say for this! And less , what is the meaning of "update your code ...?"

G.Hoffman