Author Topic: "Period of user account activation in days." what is it?  (Read 3977 times)

Offline CaribeJoe

• View Profile
    • http://www.mycaribbean.info
"Period of user account activation in days." what is it?
« on: April 06, 2003, 10:48:42 AM »
What does this mean in the board settings?

Period of user account activation in days.
0 disables function, user accounts will not be deleted.

This is totally opaque.

The default is 14 days.

What happens to whom at the end of 14 days?  And who, if anyone gets what notification and how that whatever it is will happen or has happened?
Thank you,
CaribeJoe

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
"Period of user account activation in days." what
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 03:59:47 PM »
if u set "Account activation" as "by email" in the settings, then users must activate their accounts by clicking on link in received email.
sometimes when visitors register, they provide wrong/fake email and never receive activation link. In this cases, their "not activated" membershit will last as long as u set it in the settings, and nobody else will be able register with the same name/email address. After the exparation time, those "not activated" accounts will be deleted from database and visitor will be able again try to register with the same name/email.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)