Author Topic: Select an Image File!  (Read 3662 times)

Offline cch

• View Profile
Select an Image File!
« on: April 12, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »
Hi all

When I try to upload a single image, I select the image enter the title and click submit, it seems like its processing upload but after so long I get "Select an Image File!".

This also happens on Multi Upload even tho all the fields have images to upload.

Any ideas, some images upload some don't!

Thanks

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Select an Image File!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
Most of the time its server-side issue. or your are trying upload files larger then maximum allowed by server itself. Did you try upload a tiny file?

To see your server's configuration go to ACP -> phpinfo() and look at max_execution_time, max_input_time, upload_max_filesize, post_max_size values. Any of these values can affect how big of a file you can upload.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline cch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:31:09 PM »
Hi V@no

The strange thing is via FTP the images apply ok even the thumbnails, is this normal?

Thanks

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
FTP server and web server are two different softwares, with two different settings and restrictions.
So, yes, it's normal ;)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)