• [MOD] Left Gallery QuickList 4 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] Left Gallery QuickList  (Read 107347 times)

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
Re: [MOD] Left Gallery QuickList
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
@urmasmuld,

It has to be something simple I overlooked...

Modified
I think I got it this time. At least it works on my local computer server now so see how the attached file works on your site and let me know so I can modify my original post.

I still see one minor bug with this version...
If you are on a details page of a item that was on any page of the category except page 1 then it still does not work.
I had an image on page 2 or my test site and when I hovered over the navigation at the top of the page the link had the &l=spanish at the end of the link and the &page comes before it but in the gallery quicklist the &l=spanish comes before the &page=   :?: :?: :?: not sure why if if your users will notice but I may dig deeper into it later...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:30:27 PM by budduke »
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline urmasmuld

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »
@urmasmuld,

It has to be something simple I overlooked...

Modified
I think I got it this time. At least it works on my local computer server now so see how the attached file works on your site and let me know so I can modify my original post.

I still see one minor bug with this version...
If you are on a details page of a item that was on any page of the category except page 1 then it still does not work.
I had an image on page 2 or my test site and when I hovered over the navigation at the top of the page the link had the &l=spanish at the end of the link and the &page comes before it but in the gallery quicklist the &l=spanish comes before the &page=   :?: :?: :?: not sure why if if your users will notice but I may dig deeper into it later...

Worked great !
Million times : thank you, thank you, thank you....  :mrgreen:

Only a little problem (really a little one  :)). When choosed default language and going to category's 2nd page and then choosing another language, then qicklist wont show anything. But when going after that to 3rd or 1st page, its working again. See it in action here
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:12:16 PM by urmasmuld »

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »
Only a little problem (really a little one  :)). When choosed default language and going to category's 2nd page and then choosing another language, then qicklist wont show anything. But when going after that to 3rd or 1st page, its working again.

This problem should now be fixed with version 1.02 of this mod.
I was able to fix all the session/page issues with the help of V@no..
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline bara_ac

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
hi! doesn't work with me. could it be that I modded the URLs to be Search Engine Friendly?

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
hi! doesn't work with me. could it be that I modded the URLs to be Search Engine Friendly?

Can you provide a link to look at it?
I am pretty sure you are correct but I have not heard of anyone complaining about that part of it.
When you hover over the links do they show your modified search friendly links or the cryptic ones that 4images uses?
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline www.katzen.ag

• KatzenAG - das grosse Katzenportal im Internet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2010, 09:29:53 PM »
All right, it works very good. But one thing we should improve.
If I go to my index page the list need aprox. 2 seconds to collapse to the normal view:

Open index:

after 2 seconds everything is ok:

In my opinion it looks unprofessional this bug...what is the solution? How we can accelerate this progress?

Thanks

PS: here you can see it:

www.katzen.ag
Hakan
KatzenAG - das grosse Katzenportal im Internet

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 08:48:09 PM »
All right, it works very good. But one thing we should improve.
If I go to my index page the list need aprox. 2 seconds to collapse to the normal view:

In my opinion it looks unprofessional this bug...what is the solution? How we can accelerate this progress?

Actually I have been working on a version2 of this mod for awhile but could not get it to work correctly. The other ways were loading from static files which would not work for 4images because each list is different depending on your rights on the categories... what to do...

The problem with this mod is that the list is normal html list that is loaded when the page is first viewed, only after the html page is loaded, then the javascripts kick in by design and change it's looks. cannot not get past that.

then today, after your post, I googled "hide html list till page loads" and could it be this easy? YES IT WAS! my site is using the modified code now if you want to check it out. Your list is much larger then mine if you could test it out.
Will change my original post to include these modifications, the only downside is that the entire list is hidden and it moves what is below it as it loads, can not get around that.

OK,
in your includes/functions.php file
look for
Code: [Select]
$category = "<ul id='left_quicklist_nav' class='filetree'>";replace with
$category = "<ul id='left_quicklist_nav' class='filetree' style='display: none'>"; \\this hides the list when loading the page

in your your template folder/header.html file
look for
</script>

<!-- END MOD Left Quicklist -->
insert before
onload=function() {
     document.getElementById('left_quicklist_nav').style.display ='block';
 }
\\this show the list after the page is loaded.

how cool and easy is that fix?

Or you can just replace the code in my original post. Will have it changed in a few minutes...
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline www.katzen.ag

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
P*E*R*E*C*T

Very, very cool solution, now it looks perfect... thanks man!

Have a nice week!
Hakan
KatzenAG - das grosse Katzenportal im Internet

Offline x23piracy

• View Profile
    • FHG
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »
Hi,

how to make this work on details.html page?

persist: "location"
The Quicklist is there but collapsed and it's not showing the category where iam in:

In categories.html it's working well.

i also tried the option:
control: "#treecontrol",
i like to see this, but it's not showing up:

Another question
How to make the main category font bold?

and finally...
How to show also image entrys in the quicklist?

Greetz X23
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:33:37 PM by x23piracy »

Don't trust in md5 it's unsafe change your 4i galerys password hash algorythm! second pw db field, create new hashes over some time, deny old hash. Help members that cry, send informationen mail to the rest. Camouflage new pw hash in cookie. Done!

--(◔̯◔)--

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 12:48:52 AM »
Lets take your questions one at a time...

The authors behind the javascript (treeview) that this mod is based on are no longer supporting this script and are not going to make any new improvements to it so I have found another one that I think will be better in the long run...

Does not work, that is why it is not part of the installation because there is no way of linking the details page to a category to highlight that category.

I am currently working with a new quicklist that includes a search and also works with the details page. Will be posting it after I am happy with how it works.

The collapse all,expand all will also be part of the new quicklist.

Bold font for main category? Never actually thought about that one. I did not see an easy way to put it in this mod but will check to see if the new script has any way of doing it for you...

How to show also image entries in the quicklist?
I am assuming you are wanting all the images to also be part of this list? If your database has 100,000 to 1,000,000's of images, do you know how long and slow the script would run? I may be wrong there but I think it would be way to much to ask. That would turn it into more of a sitemap instead of a quicklist.
That will probably not be part of the new mod when I post it but I may look into further for you but I will need to see how well it runs because you don't want to drawing down your site to a crawl...

Sorry I did not give you the answers you needed but you have given me a reason to post the new version sooner

And also sorry, I meant to post something saying that this mod is no longer supported but was waiting till I posted the new one to move everyone over to...

Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 01:38:46 AM »
Does not work, that is why it is not part of the installation because there is no way of linking the details page to a category to highlight that category.
actually all you need to do is place the same code form page_header.php into details.php above //-----------------------------------------------------
//--- Print Out ---------------------------------------
//-----------------------------------------------------
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline x23piracy

• View Profile
    • FHG
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 03:03:36 AM »
actually all you need to do is place the same code form page_header.php into details.php above //-----------------------------------------------------
//--- Print Out ---------------------------------------
//-----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

thank you :)
but it does not work for me.. hmm

Greetz X23

Don't trust in md5 it's unsafe change your 4i galerys password hash algorythm! second pw db field, create new hashes over some time, deny old hash. Help members that cry, send informationen mail to the rest. Camouflage new pw hash in cookie. Done!

--(◔̯◔)--

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 12:07:27 PM »
@V@no,
x23piracy is correct, it does not work. The list does come up on the details page but not highlighting the location that you are at.
It is based on the link that is now a details page link instead of a category link, that is why I never had details as part of the install.

the new one will be much better...

@x23piracy,
I did get the font=bold for the top level categories to work on the new version last night, so I think it will cover most of your requests. Hope to have it posted soon.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline x23piracy

• View Profile
    • FHG
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 12:14:52 PM »
@V@no,
x23piracy is correct, it does not work. The list does come up on the details page but not highlighting the location that you are at.
It is based on the link that is now a details page link instead of a category link, that is why I never had details as part of the install.

the new one will be much better...

@x23piracy,
I did get the font=bold for the top level categories to work on the new version last night, so I think it will cover most of your requests. Hope to have it posted soon.

Hi,

i lean back and stay tuned :) do your work i have time...  :thumbup:

EDIT:

Hey @budduke

How can i get more space between den image for opened folder and the text?
i tryed to make more space on the right side of the gif (width 19 px) but the
text allready stay directly near the image.

The folder image for closed folder has some space...

Greetz X23
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:25:28 PM by x23piracy »

--(◔̯◔)--

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2010, 08:28:27 PM »
@ x23piracy,
I think it is in the CSS file that is in that quickscript folder but not sure where. I am not a CSS guru, enough to be dangerous...
Will try to look this weekend...
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com