Author Topic: Bug in image name  (Read 12199 times)

Offline ariaby

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.danceage.com
Bug in image name
« on: September 13, 2005, 10:39:29 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or a problem in my template but when i upload an image with a name like this  <---name--->,it cause error in html code of page,Take a look at this page(First image):

http://www.danceage.com/gallery/cat881.htm

Thank you
Digital Music Center
www.danceage.com

TheOracle

Re: Bug in image name
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 11:55:27 AM »
In your categories.php file,

find :

htmlspecialchars($cat_cache[$cat_id]['cat_name']),

replace with :

Code: [Select]

($cat_cache[$cat_id]['cat_name']),

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 12:07:42 AM »
* Xyu BAM pointing finger at TheOracle and laughing his @$$ off! :roll:
Another absolutly not related to the problem answer...nobody is talking about category names here, in fact what you suggested would produce exact the same issue with category names as with image names...
your fingers are faster then your brain, isnt it right? :twisted:

@ariaby:
yes, it seems to be a bug, because 4images does not filter characters in image names...

TheOracle

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 12:52:26 AM »

* tra-la-la-la BAM pointing finger at TheOracle and laughing his @$$ off! Rolling Eyes
Another absolutly not related to the problem answer...nobody is talking about category names here, in fact what you suggested would produce exact the same issue with category names as with image names...
your fingers are faster then your brain, isnt it right? Twisted Evil

And, yet, another one.

@ariaby:
yes, it seems to be a bug, because 4images does not filter characters in image names...

This short answer would of suffice !

Thaaaank you !!!

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 09:01:30 AM »
This short answer would of suffice !
wait, now I got it!
For you it doesnt metter what kind of answer u give, as long as its long, with some "special" words/termins which must be included (to present yourself as a highly educated person I guess) or/and some code must be also included!
Got ya! you are really something else...:roll:

TheOracle

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 12:06:44 PM »
I don't know what you're trying to proove but it is becoming to be really distracting. Let's get something straight - I come on this forum for the same reason I registered since the first day I found this forum - to give technical support to other users who experiences difficulties with 4images and I mostly customize codings of this product so that users would feel themselves in a much better environment in order to fit their needs on what they're requesting.

That said, if your intentions are to analyze other users and critisize on everything they do because it dis-pleases you, then, as I'm sure most users will already agree with me on this, you came to the wrong forum to do so. I gave my support to numerous users already which were really satisfied of my ways to respond and by personalizing 4images in order to make their dream a reality.

In other words - I come in here for free since the first day I registered. Meaning, no one asked you to inspect everything that goes by on the forum as I certainly didn't. Users likes what I do for them. If you don't, then your choice is still respected but you should start to consider to go on another forum since this place does not involves insults or any of the kind.

If you find some of my answers that does not resolve specific issues - like codings ; simply post the correct one. I'm only human and everybody could make mistakes sometimes. If you can't understand that, then I can guarantee you that you won't have much users responding to your replies after reading this post.

Again, I did not registered on this forum to argu with other users but simply to resolve their problems - based with 4images.

Thanks, again, and HAVE A NICE DAY !!!

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 07:07:39 PM »
What I'm trying to proove is that you are half of the times, if not most, missleading people to a wrong sollution, u missunderstand peoples problems. U read their topics very careless. I would not have anything against you helping others if u would read their requests more carefully. But since "Criticism is irrelevant" you are refusing to understand that fact. If you look back at all your 2796 replys probably 2/3 or 3/4 of them are useless, others you stratched a topic with simple problems on few pages of replys, simply because u were wrong and where giving sollutions about something not related to the problem...
And I will continue "point my finger" at each topic u reply where u be wrong, unless u start think more carefully before u reply and hopefully it will help u and others :P

P.S. did u spell wrong "criticism"?

P.P.S. ariaby sorry for the war at your topic.

TheOracle

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 09:22:57 PM »

If you look back at all your 2796 replys probably 2/3 or 3/4 of them are useless

If you take a look at this topic :

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=9723.0

you will notice that your statistical analysis is really wrong as users seems to think otherwise.

And I will continue "point my finger" at each topic u reply where u be wrong

Then you would punish all users who would require my assistance as well - also specificly for their technical requests. If you'd be ready to take that risk, it is up to you but if I were you - I wouldn't take it due to the numbers of users included on this forum.

But since "Criticism is irrelevant" you are refusing to understand that fact.

Looks like you seem to reject my point of vue. I have posted numerous successful MODs during the past few weeks which justifys my capacity of making customizable codings of 4images for users. From what I have seen so far, you haven't posted a single one yet.

That said, if you intend to push me around for everything I do, then I guess we really can't get along as it will also affect other users on this forum who will read these issues. I'm putting an end to this conversation as I would ask you to stay away from my posts.

I have devoted a huge time on developping these MODs and, as long as users will require my assistance, I intend to keep posting to them as I will maintain the way I respond to other users - rather than humiliate them publicly.

Goodbye !

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 01:44:53 AM »
first, I dont care about your mods, since I didnt find them usefull for my needs, in fact this reply of yours is another proove that u dont understand people - I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR MODS AT ALL!
the "pathetic" topic you've started has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

second
Then you would punish all users who would require my assistance as well - also specificly for their technical requests.
I doubt they will suffer more reading me pointing that u are wrong, then trying do something not related to the issue as u suggest..

If you'd be ready to take that risk, it is up to you but if I were you - I wouldn't take it due to the numbers of users included on this forum.
sounds like you WILL DELIBERATELY be wrong or you do it on purpose...I'm scratching my head trying figure out what is wrong with u...hopefuly its not contagious

I'm putting an end to this conversation as I would ask you to stay away from my posts.
As far as I recall, before the hack someone asked you to stay away from their topics, yet u keep trying "give support"...interesting...but since you know 4images pretty good and you personaly dont require any support for it, I see no problem stay away from your topics, because they probably are and will be mods ;)

P.S. as of my statistics, I'm tempting to waste one day of mine and count every "usefull", "useless" and "nutral" replys of yours...I'm getting close to do so.

TheOracle

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 02:01:13 AM »

since you know 4images pretty good and you personaly dont require any support for it, I see no problem stay away from your topics

That's fine enough for me. If both of us can stay aside, that's all I ask for. It's unfortunite that it has to turned out this way as it could of been otherwise.

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 02:46:53 AM »
It's unfortunite that it has to turned out this way as it could of been otherwise.
that is entirely up to you ;)