Author Topic: ** URGENT ** Taking away Registration feature on 4images  (Read 7097 times)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
** URGENT ** Taking away Registration feature on 4images
« on: July 16, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »
Hello,

Thanks GURU for your help.

Now i have a problem, i have a software that lets users register but also register there usernames and password to 4images is well, so basicailly i just want 1 place were a user registers and thats it, not 2 places. So what i want to know is, is there a way to take away the registration on 4images or hide it, without causing a big problem. I mean i could take away the registration code but then a smart person will just then type www.myexample.com/4images/register.php 

So i really hope you guys understand what im trying to do.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: ** URGENT ** Taking away Registration feature on 4images
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »
delete register.php
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:37:56 PM »
If i deleted register.php would this cause a problem with the mysql database??

and lets say then i changed my mind and wanted to use the 4images registration, is all i do just upload it back to the server and thts it?

god bless u sir

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
register.php being used only when someone tries to register via 4images, nothing else. So, yes, upload it later and everything should work as normal.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »
Sir are the updates of new features that 4images make free?? or do we have to pay again ??

thank u

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
Re: *** HOW do i stop myself being hacked. Is 4images safe and secure??
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 06:19:59 PM »
Hello sir,

On the homepage of default 960 4images, i want to know how to i get rid of the register link? Because im on dreamweaver and im looking at the area on the left of teh screen where the register link lives but all i see is {lang_registered_user} but that doesnt work when i remove it. So i was wondering what i need to do to get rid of the register link, god bless us sir

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
Edit user_loginform.html template

P.S. please stay on topic, any questions not related to current topic address as a new topic or as a reply to already existing thread on same subject.

Sir are the updates of new features that 4images make free?? or do we have to pay again ??
I shall double check, but I believe the license purchase is per domain, not per 4images version, meaning updates are free.

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
You are amazing and i sincerely do apologize. I didnt want to keep on bothering you so i thought instead of making a new topic sir i will just do one i already have. I sincerely apologize,

I have a question, if i deleted the register.html and register_signup.html and register_form.html. Would this cause any problems? or is it ok to do ahead with deleting it. Thank u sir

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
if you delete just register.php you don't have to delete any templates, templates without .php files is no use to anyone. But sure, these templates can be deleted as well.