• [Mod] Search Engine Friendly URLs aka Short URLs 3 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [Mod] Search Engine Friendly URLs aka Short URLs  (Read 729000 times)

Offline koikonut

• View Profile
    • http://www.konradin.net
Re: [Mod] Search Engine Friendly URLs aka Short URLs
« Reply #270 on: April 18, 2006, 09:53:02 PM »
Thank you for the mod! But I have an error!!
 All the mod-rewrite-functions work, but I receive the following warnings - but not like "tirakle" on Admin-Pages, but on every page of my gallery http://www.konradin.net/galerie .

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_42628b585b5e31a47cc61dee0fe7abbe, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /www/htdocs/v110298/galerie/includes/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/htdocs/v110298/galerie/includes/sessions.php:102) in /www/htdocs/v110298/galerie/includes/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/v110298/galerie/includes/sessions.php:102) in /www/htdocs/v110298/galerie/includes/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/v110298/galerie/includes/sessions.php:102) in /www/htdocs/v110298/galerie/includes/sessions.php on line 110

I did not left any spaces in my code - but I have the script version 1.7.2

What can I do? I forgot to make a backup of my sessions.php an made changes before yet :-( Shall I post my sessions.php - Code?

Thx for helping, Bye Konradin

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2006, 01:36:14 AM »
this covered in the FAQ ;) (not related to this mod)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline koikonut

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 19, 2006, 02:53:38 AM »
Is this MOD working with 1.7.2 ?? I ask because the text that I have to replace doesn't exist completely - only the beginning and the end...

Do I have to replace the following code?

Code: [Select]
  function url($url, $amp = "&") {
    global $l;
    $dummy_array = explode("#", $url);
    $url = $dummy_array[0];

if ($this->mode == "get" && strpos($url, $this->session_id) === false) {
      $url .= strpos($url, '?') !== false ? $amp : "?";
      $url .= SESSION_NAME."=".$this->session_id;
    }

if (!empty($l)) {
      $url .= "l=".$l;
    }

$url .= (isset($dummy_array[1])) ? "#".$dummy_array[1] : "";
    return $url;
  }

THX for helping, bye Konradin

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2006, 03:38:16 AM »
should work, and if you wish you can replace
    if ($this->mode == "get" && strstr($url, $this->session_id)) {
      $url .= strpos($url, '?') !== false ? '&' : '?';
    }
    if (!empty($l)) {
      $url .= strpos($url, '?') ? '&' : '?';
      $url .= "l=".$l;
    }
    $url = str_replace('&', $amp, $url);
with
    if ($this->mode == "get" && strpos($url, $this->session_id) === false) {
    }

if (!empty($l)) {
      $url .= "l=".$l;
    }
but it should work with any additional changes...(I havent tested it though)
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2006, 07:33:38 AM »
i found out that google read my entire website two times recently..... thought that it will be okay now ---session id's in cache----- but no sir-----still session id's------ i can see in cache of google that it read my site few days ago......

realy...... my friend mike has no session id's anymore in google...... vanished...... he has version 1.7
i think to downgrade my site to 1.7 ---seems to work whit 1.7
google will show sessionid in the cache pages "forever", you cant do anything about it.
Yet, when it visit page from the old cached address with sessionid, all new links from that page will not contein sessionid BUT that page itself might get updated in google cache but still will contein sessionid, because google visited it from cached address and not from "fresh" page, see what I mean?

You can not tell by looking at date when the google cached a page if the code working or not. The only way to test it properly is either change your browsers agent identification to "google" or add your browser in the bots list and then block all the cookies and browse your site.

Offline Sopur

• View Profile
    • Bilder des Harassenlaufs in Basel
« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2006, 02:12:51 PM »
Sorry to ask that question, but for version 1.7 - witch version of this mod shoul i use?
Regards
Sopur

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2006, 02:31:47 PM »
the original

Offline Sopur

• View Profile
    • Bilder des Harassenlaufs in Basel
« Reply #277 on: April 27, 2006, 02:55:27 PM »
the original
That one from page 1?
Thanks!

Offline koikonut

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2006, 05:55:05 AM »
Hello everyone!

Could someone make a conclusion of possible addons fpr the script/mod? There are so many small additions that I can't see clearly what I need to make the following changes (Perhaps still not discussed yet - I have read more than 15 pages):

1. member.php?action=show_user.... ----> member_profile_admin.html

2. Has anybody made a solution to modify the links of the "Mod Language Select"? I'm using Version B.

3. Paging? - Categories (and perhaps comments?)? (cat5_2_de.html, cat5_2_en.html, cat6_5_es.html ...)

That would be really great!!!
Thx you so much for helping, bye Konradin

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:38:39 AM by konradin »

Offline Eagle Eye

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 11:00:07 AM by maxpaul »

Offline Eagle Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »
Friends I have found a shocking bug in the mod: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6729.msg57268#msg57268  8O

do not know how serious it as SEO is concerned but has bad user experience!!!  :? :?

the problem: on sites using this: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6729.msg57268#msg57268  MOD…

go to an image, note the current url and page title, press the download to download any image… now go to home page or another image and u will be shocked to see that the browser url do not change anymore.. and so does not change the page title… (but I seen changes for few seconds when u click the images) but again the old url is show in page title!!!

I guess we need to fix this problem ASAP!!!  :(

I found this problem on V@no’s site too.. meaning all of us using these mod will be having this problem  8O

p.s I found this problem in IE only…. need to do more testing….

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2006, 01:18:15 AM »
go to an image, note the current url and page title, press the download to download any image… now go to home page or another image and u will be shocked to see that the browser url do not change anymore.. and so does not change the page title… (but I seen changes for few seconds when u click the images) but again the old url is show in page title!!!

I guess we need to fix this problem ASAP!!!  :(

I found this problem on V@no’s site too.. meaning all of us using these mod will be having this problem  8O

p.s I found this problem in IE only…. need to do more testing….
Actualy its you who need fix your windows :P
There is no way anyone could possibly manipulate address in the address bar remotely (aka web sites), because it would be security risk and we all would be bombarded by phishing sites.

I dont use IE itself, but I've seen such issue in Maxthon, which is using IE engine, but I thought it was a bug in Maxthon, now possible its actualy IE bug...

P.S. just for the record, I dont use that mod ;)

Offline Eagle Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply... i guess me and all my friends will need a win fix now  :D :D :D

I meant to say u are using rewrite mod and not a particular mod..... :wink:

just interesting: anyone using IE 7 beta is getting such a problem?

Offline 2dartist.com

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 11, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »
Can you please

- Add all the updatd info in the first post?
It is really difficult to read all of the pages and know what to do or not. I stopped at page 7. It really would help others if you could edit your first post with most complete/updated mod.

- Add catagories/filenames to the url?

I know you said this is not possible due due to same names of catagoroes/files. But Can't we have them in wordpress style. Where you can add the catagory id and file if part pf the url. So a link of something like this.

instead of http://www.yourdomain.com/catid23.htm

Can we have something like this.
http://www.yourdomain.com/catid23/family-art/
or may be

http://www.yourdomain.com/23/12/family-art/mykids.html
Where 23 is catagory id and 12 is file id to keep track of the ids.

Please let me know if this is possible because i will buy a commercial license but need to know  more details on it.

Thanks!
- chodhry

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #284 on: May 11, 2006, 02:26:48 PM »
1) on first page is complete, working solution. the rest of the pages were about optional/unneccery additions
2) start reading from the end, there is a solution for image/categories names. Still, I dont understand why is that helpfull in any way, as long as you have your title fixed, the address bar is irrelevant.