Author Topic: How do I make a fixed width for the full sized images?  (Read 4142 times)

Offline toon01

• View Profile
How do I make a fixed width for the full sized images?
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:04:02 PM »
I have just recently changed the design on my site, and am having a problem when changing my templates over in 4images. Most of the section converted fine. However, some of the full size images have widths greater than 420 pixels. I want to set the max width shown to only 420 pixels, so if the image is wider, it will size it down to fit into the design. An example of the current problem can be seen at

http://www.toonarific.com/clipart/details.php?image_id=3

I tried going into the administration section, and under Settings, changed the max. image width in pixels to 420. However, this doesnt seem to be working. Is there another way I can get this to work, so that it doesnt stretch my site, but also so I dont have to manually change the actual image sizes. I want them to remain at the size they are, just fit into the new design. Thanx

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline toon01

• View Profile
Re: How do I make a fixed width for the full sized images?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 11:35:23 PM »
Ok, I checked the link, and it seems thought should do it. However, Im not trying to add flash files, so what template file am I supposed to ad/alter the code on? Thanx

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: How do I make a fixed width for the full sized images?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 12:30:09 AM »
Ok, I checked the link, and it seems thought should do it. However, Im not trying to add flash files, so what template file am I supposed to ad/alter the code on? Thanx
it doesnt have to be for flash files only and template name is not so hard to figure out, its based on the file extension u need (jpg.html, jpeg.html, png.html, etc)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)