Author Topic: thumbnailer error(s)  (Read 4078 times)

Offline spiffykiwi

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
thumbnailer error(s)
« on: June 18, 2003, 09:20:30 PM »
A while ago, I set up a 4images gallery on my domain. It worked perfectly. Then my host moved the server that the domain was on. And they wouldn't disable the exec() function. So, I got a new domain, at a new host.

Now, I have my arena finally installed and it works pretty good... and after doing everything to bypass safe mode I can finally make categories and upload images.

But..

The first problem is that even though I have netpbm and image magik installed at my domain, images still upload without a thumbnail. I've tried both thumbnailers. So, that brings me to my second problem. I go to auto-thumbnailer, and I get as far as the screen where it displays all of the missing thumbnails. Then I click on "create thumbnails" and I get a simple error of: "Error creating thumbnail!"

I looked around everywhere at these forums for a solution. So far everything suggested for similar problems hasn't worked. I tried doing the think with commenting out some things in image_utils.php that V@no suggested for image magik but that created more errors. I checked all file permissions and paths, everything is correct. I tried re-uploading netpbm but that didn't change anything.

I really need some help, I'm going to go absolutely nuts if my thumbnails don't work. And I refuse to resort to GD

Oh, and to see the php info stuff, go here: http://www.tikki-fish.net/phpinfo.php I don't know if that helps or anything?

Offline www.girls-on-bikes.com

• View Profile
    • http://www.girls-on-bikes.com/
thumbnailer error(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 10:16:38 PM »
Did you make sure to put in the proper paths for either ImageMagick, or NetPBM?  That is done in the admin control panel.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
thumbnailer error(s)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 10:42:36 PM »
many ppl said, that that error was because they installed wrong version of NetPBM. maybe its same for u?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)