Author Topic: need help,got hacked didnt remove install tell 2 days later after uploadin them,  (Read 2889 times)

Offline sinfulangel2008

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
i'm sure most of u know dummy me didnt remove the install.html like it says to do in the installation, well i hadnt removed it yet and noticed strane things in my database , i called startlogic, they said i had a leak in my database or something i recently have done,  I told them i was trying to teach myself how to add 4images to my sub domain, they said see if there is a patch i can get to fix the problem from 4images,   can someone tell me what i should do or patch  before i try to teach myself  how to do 4images,I wont upload 4images tell i know how to fill out the info u ask in the imstallatin page..  took me couple days to get back to install.  i was glad to have gotten that far creating database, sub directory and uploading 4images,    i let them sit there for a couple days so i could teach myself how to do the installing of 4images, came here to see the video to learn how to finish installing 4images, went back to finish installing 4images (the next day)  finding these othere files in my sql .. now that i have explained what i did wrong,  is there a patch or something i need to know before i upload 4images... " please! " ty for your time

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
1) what "files" in "sql" are you talking about?
2) if you just installed 4images, how would anyone know that its installed and where its installed on your server? Even if you left install.php the hacker should know the information for your mysql server in order to do any kind of damage. From what you described, it doesn't look like it cased by 4images at all.
3) remove everything related to 4images (including 4images mysql database) and start over.
4) if you want us help you investigate the problem, you should provide us with more detailed information about what happened:
- what EXACTLY "strange thing in database"
- 4images version
- if there are new files appeared on the server, tell us what kind (file names) and location (path)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)