Author Topic: [Req] Thesaurus for keyword search  (Read 3095 times)

Offline bernd

• View Profile
[Req] Thesaurus for keyword search
« on: April 09, 2003, 11:05:30 PM »
Hi,

on my site all images have keywords attached. One problem with searching by keywords is always that it's difficult to predict what users are actually searching for. Also spelling can be a problem. To minimize the risk of a user not being able to find an image we assign sort of redundant keywords ("Alsterfleet" as well as "Alster-Fleet" - both ways are correct in German).

What I"d like to have is a table where I put in the keyword I've used on one side and all keywords that mean the same on the other side. If a user now searches for an image the system first looks up this table to check for which keyword it should actually look for.

Is this in some way understandable? And does someone maybe even have an idea how to tackle this?

cheers,
Bernd

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
[Req] Thesaurus for keyword search
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 11:07:40 PM »
I think would be easier just use both keywords for the images
i.e.:
Alsterfleet Alster-Fleet
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)