Author Topic: Template Error Problem (php.html?)  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Adrimarie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Template Error Problem (php.html?)
« on: July 31, 2009, 02:28:36 AM »
Hello,

I've searched throughout the forum to see if there are any solutions to fix this particular problem at a few of my subcategories:

Code: [Select]
Template Error: Couldn't open Template ./templates/default_960px/media/php.html

At first I thought that it was a template issue so I tried changing it with one of the templates installed and still gave me an error. I searched and found this and this after making my search but neither of the two solutions applied to my problem.

I've checked my own directory (I just recently upgraded my site to 1.7.7). I've had this problem for awhile now and still couldn't figure out how to fix it. I also did a search in my own directory and there's no "php.html" anywhere on any of my templates. I made sure at the "Upload Settings" section of the control panel that there's no "php" file extension as one of the uploadable file types. I've looked and looked and but none of them seem to be working.

Is there another solution for this particular problem? Any tip would greatly help!

Thanks!

URL: http://arashi.akaliane.net

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Template Error Problem (php.html?)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:57:06 AM »
Hello and welcome to 4images forum.

First of all, there shouldn't be any php.html template.

Secondly, check in settings and make sure there is no .php extension in "Valid file extensions" list.

Then in ACP (Admin Control Panel) -> Edit images, search for *.php* in filename field (not image name), make sure you include asteriks *. If it finds any "images" with .php extension, download these files to your computer for further investigation to make sure they are not harmful and then delete them from your website. Then scan your entire webspace for any suspicious files.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Adrimarie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 03:54:53 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I did what you suggested me to, searching for any suspicious .php files and unfortunately I didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I checked both the site itself and the back end but I didn't find anything unusual. There weren't any images that had a ".php" in them (asterisks included).

This Category 12 (http://arashi.akaliane.net/categories.php?cat_id=12) is the only folder that gives me this error.  I checked this folder (both media, thumbnails, etc.) and I didn't see any strange files in here. I found a "test.php" file in the Admin folder, downloaded it and deleted it from the webspace, but that wasn't the problem. I've scanned my entire webspace and I didn't find anything suspicious.

I'm really stuck with this one. Any other suggestions? :(

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:06:31 AM »
There you go, you just narrowed the problem to 3 possible images.

If you set 3 images per page, then going to second page in that category will work just fine (just add &page=2 in the url). So, depends on how your images are sorted, search with the same sorting and find these 3 images via ACP.
Then edit each image to find out which one is the problem. (I suspect it will be a remote image with .php extension)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Adrimarie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 04:12:17 AM »
Ah, found it! It seems a user used a direct URL from ImageShack to post an image there.

Thanks again for your help. :)