Author Topic: Auto-Image-Resizer Error  (Read 7890 times)

Offline Ch*yeuk

• View Profile
Auto-Image-Resizer Error
« on: July 07, 2006, 09:25:51 AM »
Hi (=

I've looked through the FAQs and searched through the forum but I could not find an answer to my problem. I'm trying to resize some images but I get the following error:

Convert image file: DSC02647.JPG (1944x2592) .... 
Warning: mkdir(./../data/media/31/big): Permission denied in /home/userrr/public_html/pics/admin/resizer.php on line 83

Warning: mkdir(./../data/media/31/big): Permission denied in /home/userrr/public_html/pics/admin/resizer.php on line 86

Warning: rename(./../data/media/31/DSC02647.JPG,./../data/media/31/DSC02647.JPG.bak): Permission denied in /home/userrr/public_html/pics/includes/image_utils.php on line 175

Error converting image file!

Offline adrian.gab

• View Profile
Re: Auto-Image-Resizer Error
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 03:16:19 PM »
I'm getting the same issue. Is there an error log file or something to give me a more descriptive error an extra info?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 07:06:02 PM »
there is nothing more to say but its permissions issue, read docs/installation.txt and FAQ. also you might want to check for SAFE MODE (which is also covered in FAQ)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline surfsleuth

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »
Was there ever an answer to this I too searched the forums. and I gave permissions to every location imaginable... additionally, it was working fine a few days ago, no upgrades or changes to the system prior, or after... a link to a better thread response would be good too

Permission denied in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/photos/includes/image_utils.php on line 180

and the permissions are set to 777 on the server file

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 02:38:07 PM »
Was there ever an answer to this I too searched the forums. and I gave permissions to every location imaginable... additionally, it was working fine a few days ago, no upgrades or changes to the system prior, or after... a link to a better thread response would be good too

Permission denied in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/photos/includes/image_utils.php on line 180

and the permissions are set to 777 on the server file
First of all, nothing happens by itself. If it was working ok before, then something DID change.
Second, what "server file" are you talking about?
And finally, what is on lines 170-190 in your includes/image_utils.php?
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline surfsleuth

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Truly thank you for your response, it was an early morning issue so brain wasn't working properly (i searched the forums, and only this reply came up so i was hoping direction to a better forum thread with the answer was available)... I really do appreciate you responding, it sparked an idea... I have at least 6+ installs of the gallery-- i'm going to look at one of the other working files lines and see what the difference is, if there is no difference i will post the lines back to the forum...

Offline surfsleuth

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »
I used winmerge....to look at differences
photogallery 1.7.7 shows this

$command = $convert_options['convert_path']." -quality ".$quality." -antialias -geometry $width"."x"."$height -profile '*' -unsharp 0.5x1 \"$src\"  \"$dest\"";
  system($command);
  return (file_exists($dest)) ? 1 : 0;
}

==============================================================
Version 1.7.6 shows this (this was an old working version)

$command = $convert_options['convert_path']." -quality ".$quality." -antialias -sample $width"."x"."$height \"$src\" \"$dest\"";
  system($command);
  return (file_exists($dest)) ? 1 : 0;
}
The error line 180 shows this
  }
  $file_bak = $file.".bak";
  if (!rename($file, $file_bak)) {
    return false;
  }
Thanks again

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
If line 180 is:
if (!rename($file$file_bak)) {

Then it's permissions matter.

move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move...
Warning: Unable to create './../data/media/1/file.gif'...
SAFE MODE errors

Offline feverforadam

• Pre-Newbie
  • Watch out I could be a spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »
This thread was helpful.  Permission issue is typcial cause for error.
Fev
Adam Lambert Latest