Author Topic: How to add a new, custom template page  (Read 224579 times)

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: How to add a new, custom template page
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »
Then you do something wrong, please post a link to your gallery (PM me if you dont want it to be public)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline jdbinion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 12:44:29 AM »
V@no...here's the site address. http://braziltonewoods.com/4images/
Many thanks for your patience and assistance. Where would we illiterates be if we didn't have you ? :wink:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 03:54:29 AM »
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline jdbinion

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 06:32:20 AM »
V@no..please look at the site again. There are 3 links: HOME link = index.php / Uploading Images: is the text for the second link but, the page is  howto.html  not aboutus.html         the third link text is Our Friends which is links.html
I've attached a screenshot of my FTP so you can see the file paths I've used and that the new html pages are there in the template file.

And these are the link assignments in the 4darkm.php
href="http://www.braziltonewoods.com/4images/index.php?template=howto.html">Uploading Images</a>
href="http://www.braziltonewoods.com/4images/index.php?template=links.html">Our Friends</a>

As you can see..both of these links takes you back to the index.html or home ???????????

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 02:42:03 PM »
and what about the permissions? CHMOD 666?

Offline jdbinion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 02:55:53 PM »
I don't have a clue what that means or where to find it. All I know is this process worked before adding the 4dark template. Now it doesn't. I haven't changed any permissions that I would be aware of.
O.K...I'm looking in my account info of the server in the file permissions. I don't see CHMOD 666...It has 3 columns:
                  Owner  /   Group   /  All
Templates:   RWX         R-X       R-X

So. when you ask: "What about the permissions CHMOD 666"..what permissions are you asking about ? For a particular category llike the templates file / one individual page / or the entire www ???? ANd where do yo find the CHMOD

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 03:04:13 PM »
I haven't changed any permissions that I would be aware of.
And that could be the problem...
If you read 4images instrucitons (the instructions that came with the template could possible left out this), its clearly stated that all files in template folder must be CHMOD 666 (aka be readeble and writible by the web server account)

Offline jdbinion

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 03:23:31 PM »
All the files in the 4dark template folder are Readable and Writable in the Owner category. In the Group and All it's only Readable.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 03:29:07 PM »
CHMOD 666 is eaqual to rw- for owner group and all.

P.S. are you sure index.php and includes/page_header.php are original, unchanged files?

Offline jdbinion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2005, 06:49:07 PM »
O.K....I can't let this thing go. I need to get these links working. So, I'm sure the 2 php pages you mention are unchanged. As for the permissions, I set all of those according to the specifications in the 4images set up instructions. Links going to an external site work fine but, the links within the site I've created still take me back to the home page. Any other ideas ????????
This is really frustrating and I feel certain it is something to do with the file path of the links that stay within  this site. Please help if you can. I know someone has the answer because every other site I see has additional pages within their site. Does anyone know the answer to this ?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 12:11:44 AM »
And these are the link assignments in the 4darkm.php
href="http://www.braziltonewoods.com/4images/index.php?template=howto.html">Uploading Images</a>
href="http://www.braziltonewoods.com/4images/index.php?template=links.html">Our Friends</a>

As you can see..both of these links takes you back to the index.html or home ???????????

Oh, how did I miss that one!
you must not include the extension of the template, only the name:
http://www.braziltonewoods.com/4images/index.php?template=howto
http://www.braziltonewoods.com/4images/index.php?template=links
(see, no .html attached to it)

Offline jdbinion

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 12:32:10 AM »
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! V@no...you are a llife saver. I've been up all night and at this all day trying every combination possible to get this to work. I knew it was some little minor thing that wasn't just right. You don't know how much I appreciate your help !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: I can't thank you enough. :idea: By the way...I really like the layout of your site. Very organized with a simplicity that really works. You're the greatest. Best Regards, Jeff

Offline abda53bd

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2006, 09:41:43 PM »
i think there used to be a page on it.. but how do i get it on a new .php/html page, so be able to see the {header} and {footer} info?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2006, 12:20:12 AM »
without any modifications you can use these tags.

Offline abda53bd

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2006, 01:19:33 AM »
im doing the PM mod.. but with the template im using, it has all of the menu, header, everything, under the header.html... and not under each individual template file html..

so it looks like this
{header}
page content
{footer}

i actually converted my other install of 4images to be this way, but this template came like that.. but the problem im having is that with the pm mod, it doesnt see any of the {header} content.. it just prints out.. {header} and {footer}
its been awhile since ive worked on any 4images code, if you havent noticed me gone for awhile lol.. and.. i forgot how to make this work