• Can I use FTP to batch upload images? 3 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Can I use FTP to batch upload images?  (Read 192496 times)

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
Re: Can I use FTP to batch upload images?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 08:09:08 AM »
The folders are being shown as numbers, not names. How can I know which number is for what category?
Look at the link when you view the site. It will have the number ID in the link.

manurom

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 03:15:03 PM »
Hello, all;
@ Invalid ID :?:,
trust CeJay, he is right, if you can translate where the link leads to. Anyhow, go to your Admin Control Panel and click on "Edit Categories" to check each cat id.

Look at this picture:

"This is cat one" category has index #1, and so on. So if you want to upload by FTP new images in that category, you will have to upload them in data/media/1/

Now note what category's index is and then upload the pictures to data/media/"cat-number".
Hope it could help a little. Feel free to ask any help.
Regards.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 06:12:59 PM by kai »

Offline Invalid ID

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »
I really appreciate your nice replies. Thanks for the guidance :)

Offline watwinc

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 12:39:17 PM »
Okay, I read the thread (English, French and German - don't read Russian yet). I uploaded 120 images by FTP to the right folder for the category (1). I click on "Check images", select the category, and get a list of images. I click on "Add", and no images are added. Just to double check, I check the "Detail" box, and all the images are there, but again clicking on "Add" has no effect (i.e. no images are added). The folders all have the right permission (777), I'm logged in as an administrator ... I'm completely at a loss.

Offline kai

• Administrator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 01:10:23 PM »
@ watwinc: Perhaps your server is running a timeout.
Try to upload a smaller amount of pictures and try "check images" again.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline watwinc

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 04:15:55 PM »
kai, you said: Try to upload a smaller amount of pictures and try "check images" again

Ah! I was displaying 30 images at a time, and something somewhere didn't like handling all those files. It will add images okay if I display fewer than 25 at a time ...

Offline josey

• real people do real things
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 01:32:28 AM »
Thank you so much. My daddy always said I wasn't the brightest candle on the cake! Plus I'm a natural blonde so I start off with two strikes against me. You really helped. Its really easy after the first 1000 or so.  Again I appreciate your kindness
Josey :mrgreen:

You must be an administrator to do this.

1.  Use "Add Categories" in the admin control panel to create your categories. DO NOT USE FTP to create new directories.  This is very important since the directories where images and thumbnails are to be stored is automatically created by 4images when the category is created.

2.  Once created, go to "Edit Categories" and move your mouse over a specific category in the list into which you want to upload new images.  Your browser status bar will display a URL for the category.  At the end of this url will be "?cat_id=" and a number.  Make a note of this number as it corresponds to the directory names used by that category for storing images and thumbnails.

3.  Use FTP to upload your images to 4images/data/media/<number> and your thumbnails to 4images/data/thumbnails/<number> where <number> is the number for your category.  In order to get 4images to pick up your thumbnails, they must have the exact same file names as your images.

4.  Go back to the admin control panel and click "Check New Images".  Select the category into which you just uploaded your files.  4images scans the corresponding directory for new files, adds them to the database and automatically assigns the category.[/list:u]You can also use the auto-thumbnailer to create the thumbnails for you instead of uploading your own.  Follow all the steps described above and just skip the uploading of thumbnails.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are uploading files to several categories and find step 4 to be time consuming, you might consider installing the mod
"Check new images in ALL categories"

NOTE: Mods are posted to the forums courtesy of the user community and are not endorsed or supported by the 4images authors.  If you require assistance with any mod, seek help from the mod author.

Offline vuong184

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »
Link downloads source die. Please uploads source to forum.

Offline mawenzi

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
@vuong184
... what a link ... what a source ... ?
... here is all what is to do : http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=3080.0
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question ! ( © by V@no )
- please read the Forum Rules ...
- please study the FAQ ...
- please try to Search for your answer ...

You are on search for top 4images MOD's ?
- then please search here ... Mawenzi's Top 100+ MOD List (unsorted sorted) ...

Offline mrsmhn

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 07:20:02 AM »
Tanx
My problem solved!

Offline scat

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 07:38:07 AM »
Thanks to Chris.
It is a great help.