Author Topic: Different upload size limit for each file format?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline LadyCrimson

• View Profile
    • Photography blog
Different upload size limit for each file format?
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:20:41 PM »
First, I did look in the FAQ and the MOD sections, and I Searched for an hour. I got nothing with the search terms I tried. Second, I read only English, so perhaps I missed something because of that. Third, while I can follow clear directions very well, I'm a complete php ignoramous, please keep that in mind. :)

The question: I want to allow users to be able to upload sound files and image files. They can do this just fine; no problem with actual uploading. But I want to be able to set two seperate upload size limits - one for images and one for sound files. I cannot find a way to do this in the Admin Control Panel. Whatever size limit I set for images also applies to the sound files for users. Thus I have a universal upload limit of 16MB - my users are not expected to be complete strangers 'off the street' so to speak, so this isn't a major problem for me right this second, but I'd really rather have, say, 900KB limit for jpg/gif formats and 16MB for mp3 and wav files.

Is this possible?