Author Topic: Multiple templates  (Read 4874 times)

Offline supahypnotic

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Multiple templates
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:30:34 PM »
I just created multiple categories.html = index.html & templates/home.html (1,2,3,4 etc.) with differing lay-outs and they work ok. I'm starting to work on multiple details.html with differing lay-outs right now, but I'm not sure which files I need to edit in order to get what I want to work:

I'd like to have various photo albums on my site - from one 4images install - featuring wallpapers/posters (download section), various artists (different albums), videos, professional photographer photos (see my other post), a main page, etc. The options I want available for these sections have to be the same on their categories page and their details page, and I don't want pictures from one section included in any other, but I also like to keep the "select category" (only from that specific section) and "search functions" intact.

Has this been done before? How should I do this?

Please, I need your answers really bad!!

Offline KurtW

• 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • Malediven-Bilder ~~Dreams~~
Re: Multiple templates
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 08:22:47 AM »
Hi,

when you use this mod:
[Mod] Different cat templates / Verschiedene Kategorie Templates
Link: http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=1847.0

then it's very easy to run different details.html

Template like this:   details_catid.html     :wink:
Now you can have for each category a different view.
Sorry for my english.

cu
Kurt

Offline supahypnotic

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple templates
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 12:46:56 PM »
Hi Kurt! Thank you very much for your answer, this is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find 8) :!: I just installed the mod too and it works great.

I've just got two more questions about the multiple templates: is it possible to have only the relevant subcategories and no other categories and/or subcategories mentioned in the "select category" dropdown menu (and in the search for images function)? If so, how?

And if I want the template to be different for logged-in users and guests, do I use this mod or edit the members.html page?