Author Topic: QUESTION REGARDING THE PHOTOS  (Read 3047 times)

Offline reena

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
QUESTION REGARDING THE PHOTOS
« on: April 10, 2005, 07:42:08 AM »
I know that when you upload pictures, there is and upload for a regular sized picture and a picture of a thumbnail. Do i need to upload 2 of the same pictures but in different sizes onto my server? How can I make sure that the pictures are at the ok size?

Offline RoadDogg

• View Profile
    • Düsipixel
Re: QUESTION REGARDING THE PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 09:15:21 AM »
You should resize your big photo by your wishes. It depens on the purpose of you Gallery. The thumbnail can you create automatically via your controll panel. The size ist adjustable an by default 100*75px
For support requests please don´t forget link to your Gallery/to phpinfo.php
Code: [Select]
<?
phpinfo()
?>
safe_mode must turned OFF
Please check Error Messages

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: QUESTION REGARDING THE PHOTOS
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 09:21:20 AM »
there is a mod "Auto resizer on upload", u might want consider use it. without that mod your visitors will not be able upload images larger then the max width/height set in the settings.
The thumbnail is an optional, u dont have to upload it and if your server has GD, ImageMagick or NetPBM installed, then u can use these graphic modules to create thumbnails and resize images
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)