Author Topic: Error uploading image file, CHMOD?  (Read 5670 times)

Offline sweetmisery29f

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Error uploading image file, CHMOD?
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:04:56 PM »
My host did the following on the server where I have my database. After this I can't upload photos anymore.  :(

"Due to the increasing amounts of spam, phishing and security risks on our servers, we will be enabling phpsuexec on all servers.  The enabling of phpsuexec should not cause any errors/issues, however we ask that you verify and ensure all your scripts are working correctly, as some scripts are prone to any configuration changes and have strict running requirements. 

If you have a script that is not executing, please ensure the permission on the file is set to CHMOD 755. Scripts or folders that are chmodded to 777 will no longer work due to security risks involved with 777 settings. Setting 755 is equivalent to 777 in the new environment. "

I get this error message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./../data/media/13/R10372.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/gardenph/public_html/gallery/includes/upload.php on line 104

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpYSsuoE' to './../data/media/13/R10372.jpg' in /home/gardenph/public_html/gallery/includes/upload.php on line 104

Error uploading image file: R10372.jpg
R10372.jpg: Copy error. Please check the directory permissions.

I checked and safe mode is not on. I've tried both 755 and 777 and none work anymore. Is there any way I can bypass this problem?

If you know how, I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Error uploading image file, CHMOD?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »
You've tryed CHMOD 755 on what files/directories?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline sweetmisery29f

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
I didn't change anything. My host changed all CHMOD to 755 or lower. Doesn't gallery/data and gallery/templates/default need 777 to work?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:06:46 AM »
So, can you chmod 777 everything in data folder? if not and everything already is 755, then try 766 instead...
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline sweetmisery29f

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 08:27:23 AM »
I went thru everything once again and noticed I had missed some files.  :oops: Now it all works again. Thanks!  :lol:  :lol: