Author Topic: share data by 3 installations  (Read 23069 times)

Offline Kurman

• View Profile
    • www.kurman.ru
Re: share data by 3 installations
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 08:35:54 AM »
In administration area, while attempting add an image you see two options of adding for each image and preview file.
- One of them has "Browse" button, which used to add images from local machine. They will be phisically uploaded to your folders in gallery.
- The second option, right under the first one is used to add remote images(there is not "Browse button"). You put there a deep link to your image file, located somewhere. If you use 4images, then you know what kind of path it uses to keet images. (first of all you should remove rightclick disable code and by rightclicking on your image you'll find deep link to your image).

It is all.
4images running as a music portal http://music.kurman.ru/

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
In administration area, while attempting add an image you see two options of adding for each image and preview file.
- One of them has "Browse" button, which used to add images from local machine. They will be phisically uploaded to your folders in gallery.
- The second option, right under the first one is used to add remote images(there is not "Browse button"). You put there a deep link to your image file, located somewhere. If you use 4images, then you know what kind of path it uses to keet images. (first of all you should remove rightclick disable code and by rightclicking on your image you'll find deep link to your image).

It is all.

thank you man. I really appreciate your help. I really do .

Offline webmaster73

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »
Can't you just use one 4images and point all your 3 domains to that directory? that would be the optimal, unless you want to use different styles or mods for each domain...

thank you thank you V@no

in fact, as I understand it now, it is enough to change the content of image_media_file and   image_thumb_file in the DB to http://domain1.com/1/pic1.jpg instead of pic1.jpg

I wish you told me this some very long time ago.

this issue has been waiting in my kitchen for many years ..........