Author Topic: Problems with saving changes to templates // Windows 2003 Server IIS6  (Read 6319 times)

Offline eron19

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
In the admin control panel, under the links to the left....under GENERAL, I click templates.

Then once the page loads I click Edit templates. Then once I edit the template, I goto Save changes, at the bottom of that page. What happens is...the page reloads. Thats it. The big space under Edit template is empty now.

So now, if I click Edit templates again, my template is loaded, but the changes are not registered.

Why? I get no errors or anything.

Thanks.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
what happens if u replace all instances of HTTP_GET_VARS with _GET and HTTP_POST_VARS with _POST in admin/templates.php ?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline eron19

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
changed the lines to this:

Code: [Select]
if (isset($_GET['template_folder']) || isset($_POST['template_folder'])) {
  $template_folder = (isset($_GET['template_folder'])) ? trim($_GET['template_folder']) : trim($_POST['template_folder']);
}
else {
  $template_folder = "";
}

if (isset($_GET['template_file_name']) || isset($_POST['template_file_name'])) {
  $template_file_name = (isset($_GET['template_file_name'])) ? trim($_GET['template_file_name']) : trim($_POST['template_file_name']);
}
else {
  $template_file_name = "";
}

Nothing happened. same thing.

Offline Instigator

• View Profile
Re: Problems with saving changes to templates // Windows 2003 Server IIS6
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 01:46:26 PM »
In the admin control panel, under the links to the left....under GENERAL, I click templates.

Then once the page loads I click Edit templates. Then once I edit the template, I goto Save changes, at the bottom of that page. What happens is...the page reloads. Thats it. The big space under Edit template is empty now.

So now, if I click Edit templates again, my template is loaded, but the changes are not registered.

Thanks.

I have the same issue on my Linux box. Have to manually edit the changes by downloading/uploading the template files which is a pain. Anyone have any solution?

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 04:05:55 PM »

Thanks.

I have the same issue on my Linux box. Have to manually edit the changes by downloading/uploading the template files which is a pain. Anyone have any solution?

me too... )o:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 02:59:05 AM »
did u check permissions? the .html template files must be writible by the webserver.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 09:50:58 AM »
All the Files are on 777 and the Folder too... )o:

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 02:53:05 PM »
then perhaps there is something else installed on your server, such as mod_security which might block sending HTML code through POST/GET requests...(just an idea)

Offline Acidgod

• 4images Guru
  • It's me?
    • View Profile
    • Flash-Webdesign
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 11:12:43 AM »
when i use the  QuiXplorer it works... )o:

http://quixplorer.sourceforge.net/