• [Mod] Photo Of The Day 4 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [Mod] Photo Of The Day  (Read 268939 times)

Offline Extirpator

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phoenixxx.org/
[Mod] Photo Of The Day
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2003, 01:43:27 PM »
sorry... i ran thru the whole thread & is still puzzled with discussion...
i have got the mod working already....
but how do i exclude images of 1 or more categories from appearing in the potd?

Offline FreDyz

• View Profile
[Mod] Photo Of The Day
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2003, 08:21:07 PM »
I've seen that V@no has modified the MOD in his website to show the Photo of the hour. I need for my website the photo of the week, What I have to change?

Thanks a lot

Offline Vincent

• 4images Moderator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • www.foto-kocher.com
Re: [Mod] Photo Of The Day
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2005, 08:11:52 AM »
Hello
i haven't installed yet - my question
how the mod works - i mean thouse the mod reset the counter every night?
because i found out that on my side the picture of the day is also the most clicked because it is already on the top!

sincerly
vincent
Beati pauperi spiritus

4images 1.7 // My Installed Mods

Offline artpics

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2005, 08:37:50 AM »
it can be configured to choose from most hits, votes, downloads,ranking, comments.

Offline Vincent

• 4images Moderator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • www.foto-kocher.com
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2005, 09:33:32 AM »
most hits is alright /
i have already on installed - the problem is after one week the hits of the picture foto of the day got 100 times more hit then the second one!
it means the person how go to my page will fast click on the already foto of the day! so this picture will rapidly encrase the hits and there will never been a chance to another picture!
until today in the night i set the hit counter to zero - but this is not making me happy

vincent
Beati pauperi spiritus

Offline Vincent

• 4images Moderator
  • Addicted member
    • View Profile
    • www.foto-kocher.com
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2005, 08:23:03 PM »
 :?:
 :?
 8) vincent
Beati pauperi spiritus

Offline vietdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2005, 03:35:41 AM »
I have this erro .

DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT i.image_id, i.cat_id, i.user_id, i.image_name, i.image_description, i.image_keywords, i.image_date, i.image_active, i.image_media_file, i.image_thumb_file, i.image_download_url, i.image_allow_comments, i.image_comments, i.image_downloads, i.image_votes, i.image_rating, i.image_hits, c.cat_name, u.user_name FROM 4images_images i, 4images_categories c LEFT JOIN 4images_users u ON (u.user_id = i.user_id) WHERE i.image_active = 1 AND i.cat_id NOT IN (0) AND c.cat_id = i.cat_id ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 1' at line 5

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2005, 09:43:12 PM »
I get this error
DB Error: Bad SQL Query: SELECT i.image_id, i.cat_id, i.user_id, i.image_name, i.image_description, i.image_keywords, i.image_date, i.image_active, i.image_media_file, i.image_thumb_file, i.image_download_url, i.image_allow_comments, i.image_comments, i.image_downloads, i.image_votes, i.image_rating, i.image_hits, c.cat_name, u.user_name FROM 4images_images i, 4images_categories c LEFT JOIN 4images_users u ON (u.user_id = i.user_id) WHERE i.image_active = 1 AND i.cat_id NOT IN (0) AND c.cat_id = i.cat_id ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 1' at line 5

The person that has been helping me with getting this added (as I don't know PHP, so got help before trying to tackle something like this) told me to say "explain that the sql statement it is talkin about is added w/this mod into the functions.php file" and "what do we do to get it to run properly?"

Any ideas on how to go about getting this to work?

Offline CeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2005, 06:17:02 AM »
Took a while, but we got it working.
It wasn't the functions.php file that was giving the errors, it was the constants.php that was.

So if anyone else has this issue (same error) take a look at that file first.
In the directions we downloaded it shows you can make your POTD either by 'by_votes', 'by_rating', 'by_comments', 'by_downloads', 'by_hits' or 'random' in the constants.php.
What we had to do was remove the "by_" section and just place in what you want it to show for.

Once we did that the error disappeared and all is working great!

Here is a copy of the code that we used to show by votes:
Code: [Select]
// Set "SHOW_POTD_IMAGE" to 1 if you would like to show Photo Of The Day.
// The choices to select Photo Of The Day are: 'by_votes', 'by_rating', 'by_comments', 'by_downloads', 'by_hits' or 'random'
define('SHOW_POTD_IMAGE', 1);
define('POTD_SELECT_MODE', 'votes');

Michael

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2005, 09:39:10 PM »
Wo und was muß man etwas ändern wenn mehrere potd Bilder angezeigt werden sollen ?

Offline toocoolbd

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2005, 09:11:22 PM »
My problem is no text appears over the photo of the day picture thumbnail. Nothing. I did edit /lang/english/main.php but i'm not sure what went wrong. is there any specific place to add the new lines? or can anyone give me the main.php file?

Offline Loda

• View Profile
    • Fotosucht Schweiz
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2005, 02:24:52 PM »
if you want to show the potd for the current month:

open /includes/functions.php
find in the potd mode:
        WHERE i.image_active = 1 AND i.cat_id NOT IN ($cat_id_sql) AND c.cat_id = i.cat_id

replace it with:

WHERE i.image_active = 1 AND i.cat_id NOT IN ($cat_id_sql) AND c.cat_id = i.cat_id AND i.image_date >= ".(mktime(0, 0, 0, date("m")  , 1, date("Y")))."

Offline zit501

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2005, 09:20:57 AM »
Hi,
I have a problem with POTD.
It seems to work, but when it is on in always displays the third image from the new images box? Go check it out: www.mont.za.net

It's weird, and I don't know too much about php, so if you could give me a list of possible problems that I could check, that would be great!

Thanks alot.

Offline Itapeva

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2005, 04:17:51 PM »
My problem is no text appears over the photo of the day picture thumbnail. Nothing. I did edit /lang/english/main.php but i'm not sure what went wrong. is there any specific place to add the new lines? or can anyone give me the main.php file?

I GOT this problem Too :(

Offline Itapeva

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2005, 01:25:45 PM »

I GOT this problem Too :(

Someone can help-me?

I install the Photo Of The Day.. but... no text appears over the photo of the day picture thumbnail too :(