Author Topic: second administrator looses permissions all the time!  (Read 5292 times)

Offline annam

• View Profile
second administrator looses permissions all the time!
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:34:14 PM »
I set another person as administrator, but everytime she logs out, she turns to be normal user again :(
Why is this happening?
I donīt know what to do...

:cry:

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: second administrator looses permissions all the time!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »
not possible without interference by somebody else.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline annam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:43:43 PM »
It is not just that. I set a user to a group where he should be allowed to upload pictures in many categories. But when I login, althought the user is set to that usergroup, he has all the permissions set to NO :(
This makes my users really get tired of my ggallery. I go there and set them to be able to load. Email them saying it is working and when they try it doent work :((((

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:11:57 AM »
did you test it with a test account? perhaps you should, that way you might be able trace what actions you do as a admin or as a test member before the permissions reset.

Also, once you changed permissions, did you try to load the permissions page again and see if the permissions stayed the way you set them?
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline annam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
I had to chmode some files to 777
And than set permitions by hand to a lot of people before it started working again  :mrgreen:
Hope it got fixed now :)