Author Topic: *** I have 2 users of registered level but 1 seems to have Admin privileges???  (Read 6489 times)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
Hi,

:( first of i would like to thank V@no and Samule.inn and all the 4images people out there for helping me.

I have major problem, i have 2 dummy accounts, both of them are off registered level user status. But 1 of the users has power to delete and edit comments? i dont understand why this is, i have checked user level and they are both registered, i have checked user groups and that is ok, but why does 1 user of registered level have previlege power to edit and delete comments. This is onyl administrator job.. Can anyone here please help me i will do anything, pay for help please.

thank u please anyone.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
4images doesn't have separate permissions for editing comments, if a member has permission post comments, they automatically granted permission to edit their own comments as well.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
Hello Vano

Im sorry but i think u misunderstood what i meant please forgive me i will explain again.

I have made 2 dummy accounts user 1 and user 2...

Both user 1 and user 2 are user status of registered. So both having equal privileges. But when user 2 makes comment, user 1 can delete user 2 comment. My question is, this is impossible how can user 1 deleting user 2 comment because this is administrator job, not user 1. Why does user 1 have this privilege. When i log inside user 2 then i go into comments user 2 does not have permissions to delete any comments of user 1 but user 1 has permissions to delete anyone who makes a comment. And this should not be the case,

Plese help me explain why this is vano.

Thank u sir.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Oh, I apologize, it's not the owner of comment, it's the owner of image, who is permitted edit/delete comments.
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
@VANO

Thank u for reply sir.

So u r telling me that the person who uploads the image has the right to delete anyones comment or edit it??

If so can u tell me if there is way to disable to funcction?

thank u sir

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
in details.php remove:
      elseif ($is_image_owner) {

$admin_links .= ($config['user_edit_comments'] != 1) ? "" "<a href=\"".$site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."member.php?action=editcomment&amp;".URL_COMMENT_ID."=".$comment_row[$i]['comment_id'])."\">".$lang['edit']."</a>&nbsp;";

$admin_links .= ($config['user_delete_comments'] != 1) ? "" "<a href=\"".$site_sess->url(ROOT_PATH."member.php?action=removecomment&amp;".URL_COMMENT_ID."=".$comment_row[$i]['comment_id'])."\">".$lang['delete']."</a>";
      }

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
Thank man,

It now is good and perfect.

Vano, i have question for u sir. when u see something saying 'Undefined index' what is first thing that coming to ur mind?? That is all...

thank u sir