4images Modifications / Modifikationen > Plugins

[Plugin] Windows XP Publishing Wizard Integration

(1/12) > >>

Jan:
Windows XP offers a nice function for uploading files to a webserver. With this plugin you can use this function and upload images to your categories folders.
» Screenshot

Plugin Installation:

- Create a new directory called plugins in your admin-folder (if it yet does not exist)
- Extract the zip and copy the file xp_publishing_wizard.php to the plugins-directory
- Log in to your Control Panel, a new link should appear in the left navigation frame beneath "PlugIns"

Client-side installation:

- Click on "XP Publishing Wizard" in your Control Panel plugin menu.
- Download here the .reg file for registering your server with the Windows XP Publishing Wizard.
- Save this file on your PC and double-click it to register your server with the Publishing Wizard

How to upload files from your PC:

- In the Windows Explorer, select some files and click "Publish [...] on the web" in the task pane
- After confirming your file selection, your server will show up in the list of services
- Select it, click "Next" and follow the instructions (Login with your administrator username and password)
- Note: The wizard will only upload the files to your server. After that you have to add the images with "Check new images" to your gallery

Download: xp_publishing_wizard.zip

V@no:
ah, very nice idea, but it I cant get it to work...
first off all, when I download .reg file it has wrong path to xp_publishing_wizard.php . It points to:
http://host.com/xp_publishing_wizard.php
not to:
http://host.com/admin/plugins/xp_publishing_wizard.php
well, ok, thats might be my server's configuration problem, but still, after correcting .reg file and applying the patch, I go through the wizard, then after I select category I want upload, on next window it sais:
--- Quote ---The wizard encountered a problem while copying the files. Anumber of thing can cause this problem. For example, the Web server might be down, or you might have lost your Internet connection...
--- End quote ---

so, I'm wondering have somebody else got it to work?

but the idea is great!  :D

Jan:
Hard to say because because it's not possible to show debug messages. Maybe you have some hints for me?

Jan

Maweryk:
Hi Jan,

kann man den Mod auch umschreiben, dass auch Mitglieder Bilder hochladen können. Wäre super genial

Danke und Gruß

Markus

V@no:

--- Quote from: Jan ---Hard to say because because it's not possible to show debug messages. Maybe you have some hints for me?

Jan
--- End quote ---

hmmm...I just tryed do it from windows 98, with downloaded WebPublishingWizard, and I noticed, that it requered this script on the server: /scripts/cpshost.dll?PUBLISH
so, I belive to use this wizard, the server must run IIS server.... 8O
I might be wrong though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version