Author Topic: possible? import emails into image  (Read 4386 times)

Offline abda53bd

• View Profile
possible? import emails into image
« on: April 22, 2005, 10:54:23 AM »
on the site i enabled it so htm files are read as php. and then are included into the details, so i can have a text file in the image/details page without needing an iframe. it works great..

but what im wondering if its possible, the text files are going to be emails that are sent, that people can read. is there a way to configure it somehow so 4images will pull the email directly from the email server (i have a dedicated unix server) into 4images? each email address will have its own category.

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
Re: possible? import emails into image
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 02:08:48 AM »
Technically speaking, in programming almost anything is possible.  The only real question is how much effort and time something would take to make it work.  So to answer your question, YES - it's possible.  But not without a lot of effort  :wink:

Maybe a better idea would be to have 4images read email off the disk as text files.  This can work if your received email is stored on the same file system as your PHP pages.  Most Linux servers are set up that way.

Offline abda53bd

• View Profile
Re: possible? import emails into image
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 06:37:09 PM »
chris.. thanks. i figured something like that wouldnt be worth it. the email server IS on the same disk.. so how can i use this to import the emails as a text file?