Author Topic: 4images Comments plugin doesnt work rendering the script useless,  (Read 10279 times)

Offline dainty

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Was totally dissapointed with 4images because the visitors comments plugin doesnt work.

I just want a simple software script that allows visitors to (1) comment on images and (b) rate images.

4images software promises that that by having a plugins for both these functions, however the comments form only displays to the admin log-in no matter how you configure it.

If you have a known issue with it. You havent posted it here to be easly found.
Its the latest version, its been set to all possible configurations in the category, the image, and the plugin itself.

With this kind of frustration to new users its just rubbush. Can you suggest a script that does these two things and works out of the box on a standard cpanel account.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: 4images Comments plugin doesnt work rendering the script useless,
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:31:50 AM »
Hello dainty, welcome to 4images forum.

I'm not quiet sure what plugins you are referring to, 4images does not use any plugins for comments, that feature is built-in.

The permissions who can read/post comments are set on per-category level. Edit your categories in ACP (Admin Control Panel) -> Edit categories -> Edit and set "Post comments" to "All" if you want allow guests posting or to "Registered Users" if only members, no guests.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline dainty

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:23:04 AM »
Yes I understand that the "permissions who can read/post comments are set on per-category level. " thats why I pointed out to you above that I had "set to all possible configurations in the category"

I have also checked that the database is storing these settings correctly. I have also changed the images to be owned by another registered user instead of the Admin, and checked that they are stored as registered users in the database via phpmyadmin.

Still its the same. The comments posting form only displays if I login as admin and not when I login as a registered user. The only way I can let users be able to make comments on each image is to set them as admins (so if they ever find the admin log-in page they can do whatever they like, which is rediculous).

Please make a fresh install of your product on a standard cpanel account directory using your default templates and add images and see for yourself that this is the case.

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »
Ok, I'd like see this myself. Can you PM me with information how and were I can see this (if you would, create a temporary admin account for me)
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline Locke001

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:48:05 AM »
spam goes here: fannyranp@gmail.com

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:24:33 AM by V@no »