Author Topic: Letter sent to new user  (Read 4860 times)

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Letter sent to new user
« on: March 14, 2005, 07:42:08 PM »
Hi

I run a paid website. Only members have certain privileges when using 4images gallery. My method is to enter the new members myself and assign them a password and username and their permisssions. It gives me more  control.

I thought that when I added a new user to 4images they got an email automatically telling them they were approved and what their password and username was. But a few simple tests of creating dummy members and adding them, I got no such letter sent to me.

My questions are:

(1) Is this a function of 4images and in my case it is not working properly? If so, where do I fix it?

or

(2) If it is not a function, could someone please show me the code to add this mod so when I add a new user myself they get an email telling them their username and password ? If the mod does  exist, sorry I couldn't find it.

It would be a great time saver.

Thanks in advance for your help

steve.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 08:00:14 PM by steveeyes »

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
Re: Letter sent to new user
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 06:22:13 PM »
Anyone....is it possible.

thanks

steve

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 06:55:45 PM »
Are you the same person who made this post before the hacker attack?
4homepages.de -- View topic - [REQ] Email Account Details After Creating Account in CP
I had sent a PM about it but it was never picked up and now that message is gone too.

Offline steveeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 02:08:57 AM »
No chris I wasn't that person....I think we are on the same track. I add all my members from the admin control panel which doesn't send a email to the person like it does when you register from 4images home page. Do you know mod....I'll check google's cache and see if I find the one you suggested.

steve

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 04:22:52 AM »
It was never developed.  I was negotiating the work on a consulting basis for that person.