Author Topic: after installation problems  (Read 14949 times)

Offline Chris

• 4images Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • Did u ever stop to think and then forget to start?
    • View Profile
That helped
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2002, 02:49:14 AM »
That did it.  Now with your screen shot of your FTP client I think I can see the problem.

Yes, you uploaded the files to your web server but you didn't put them in the web site's root directory.  Therefore, as far as the web server is concerned, the files don't exist on your web site.

Look at the folders on the left.  You should place the 4images upload to either public_html or www.  Ask your host or try both to see which one it is.  My guess is it's the www folder.

One more thing, just because someone asks you a lot of questions doesn't mean they're not trying to help you.  In fact the opposite is true.  Often the solution is found only after more information is obtained that illuminates the cause of the problem.  Please give those who ask you questions some credit for they really are showing an interest and and really are trying to help you.  Thanks for listening.

Offline Jan

• Administrator
  • 4images Guru
    • View Profile
    • 4images - Image Gallery Management System
after installation problems
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2002, 09:15:25 AM »
I guess thats not the www root folder. Try to upload the files into the www folder.

Jan
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
1. Forum rules
2. FAQ
3. Search

Offline lili

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
after installation problems
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2002, 11:04:54 AM »
Yeah.. I caught that already from Chris. Thanks Chris and Jan. Had a feeling something was missing in there.