Author Topic: News/Updates section?  (Read 4742 times)

Offline MiaWallace

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
News/Updates section?
« on: May 11, 2003, 04:23:56 PM »
Hello...

Wondering if any of you guys might have an answer for me. What I'd like to do is integrate a news section into my home.html template, sort of like a weblog.

Anyone have any idea how to do this? I'm very new to PHP, so please be as specific as possible :)[/quote]

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
News/Updates section?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 05:10:35 PM »
there is a News MOD ;)
look under MODs forum
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline MiaWallace

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
News/Updates section?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 06:41:08 PM »
I saw that mod, but I'm not sure that it's what I'm looking for- I also found it to be incredibly confusing... why do you have to upload a new image to post news?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
News/Updates section?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 07:16:03 PM »
Quote from: MiaWallace
I saw that mod, but I'm not sure that it's what I'm looking for- I also found it to be incredibly confusing... why do you have to upload a new image to post news?

well, yes, it's a bit confusing, but if u try to add it into your site it wont be that confusing after all ;)
after I read the consturction of that mod, I can say that the idea of using comments of one image as news - is very smart idea and the easiest way to get what "news system" should have. :D
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline MiaWallace

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
News/Updates section?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 07:36:41 PM »
You know what? I just installed the mod- and you were right, it actually was pretty easy, and does exactly what I want it to.  :oops:

Thanks!