Author Topic: [REQ] Links to external Scripts in ACP  (Read 6610 times)

Offline bibabobu

• Technische und künstlerische Gravuren
    • View Profile
    • Technische und künstlerische Gravuren für die gesamte Metall-, Kunststoff- und Papierindustrie
[REQ] Links to external Scripts in ACP
« on: September 20, 2005, 01:09:15 PM »
Hi!

Perhaps someone could help me with this.

I have also installed an external script (for newsletter).
Now i want to have a link in the ACP to my admin section of this external script (for example:  /4images/external_script/admin.php ).
But this admin.php file has to be positioned in an installed folder like  /4images/external_script/  not positioned standalone in for example the Plugins folder of  the 4images script.

I imagine like a small link directory under the plugins area in the ACP so that i could  add some more links of external script administrations.

And is it possible to have these link contents to see in the "4images ACP area" not in a new window?

I think there is existing a similar MOD but i think that is only working if only one file is put in the plugin folder of an second plugin section.
 :roll:

TheOracle

Re: [REQ] Links to external Scripts in ACP
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 01:57:38 PM »

And is it possible to have these link contents to see in the "4images ACP area" not in a new window?

Where do you want your links to be added exacly - on the left side or on the top-right aside the other links ?

I think there is existing a similar MOD but i think that is only working if only one file is put in the plugin folder of an second plugin section.

That is correct. In fact, you just made me an idea. How would you like a MOD that would actually let webmasters to create additional links (either outside links or internal links - your choice) on the ACP's header page (+ selectable choice for having this on the top or on the left side of ACP).

What do you say ? 8)

Offline bibabobu

• View Profile
    • Technische und künstlerische Gravuren für die gesamte Metall-, Kunststoff- und Papierindustrie
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 02:37:20 PM »
 8)
That would be very great.
Could you make me something like that.
For me it is not important where the links are in the ACP. I would prefer a list right under the Pulgins section.

So i need a link (or more leading to other external content) that leads to a php file in a specific folder.
For example an admin.php file which must have the same path as the other php files of the external script so that it could be executed.

For me it would be sensational if you could program something like that  :mrgreen:

TheOracle

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 02:45:52 PM »

I would prefer a list right under the Pulgins section.

I thought about adding this feature above the plugins menu actually. ;)

For example an admin.php file which must have the same path as the other php files of the external script so that it could be executed.

The idea of making this MOD is by letting you the opportunity to add new links as these will be up to you to decide how you'd specify the URL. As for adding other PHP files in the same folder, I would not advise that but you could always point out your PHP files outsidely.

A name, for what you're talking about, would be like : ' Affiliate links '. Is this something like you're looking for to do ? :)

Offline Xyu BAM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 02:50:53 PM »
Now i want to have a link in the ACP to my admin section of this external script (for example: /4images/external_script/admin.php ).
But this admin.php file has to be positioned in an installed folder like /4images/external_script/ not positioned standalone in for example the Plugins folder of the 4images script.

I imagine like a small link directory under the plugins area in the ACP so that i could add some more links of external script administrations.

:roll:

perhaps this one will help:
http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=6306.0

Offline bibabobu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »
@TheOracle

Yes, you explained very well. THAT IS WANT I WANT TO HAVE!!!!! 8)

@Xyu BAM

yes, this looks similar to what i like to have. But it is 2 years old and i think it is not working very well. :roll:

TheOracle

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 08:28:36 PM »

Understood bibabodu. Your request has just been added to the priority list of my wishlist database. I personally like this idea as I look forward to make it running and publish it. ;)

Offline bibabobu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 07:19:56 AM »

Understood bibabodu. Your request has just been added to the priority list of my wishlist database. I personally like this idea as I look forward to make it running and publish it. ;)

Thanks. I will wait for it.  :wink: