Author Topic: Check new images log  (Read 6924 times)

Offline batu544

• View Profile
    • Free Celebrity wallpapers
Check new images log
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:11:49 PM »
Hi All,
         I am trying to upload some images in my gallery and the images are very big size and I am getting the error messgae "Check new images log" . the particular image will be renamed to .bak file.

Can anyone help to solve this problem ?

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Check new images log
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:14:56 AM »
Please provide more detailed information about what you did, where and quote the EXACT error message.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline batu544

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 05:49:36 AM »
V@no,
          Here is the details what I did.   IF I have uploaded my pictures to my data folder and in ACP I used "Check new images" option and tried to add the images into my gallary, but here I am getting the error messgae. I think my host has some setting to stop php error messages, so I am unable to see the error message.

Another way.
                      If I am uploading the picture of less size ( within 1600px) then its working fine.  If I am uploading the pictures thru website's upload button then the same issue, but not able to check the error message.

I went thru my error log in c-panel and found the following error message.

Code: [Select]
PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8868 bytes) in /home/bhwallpa/public_html/includes/image_utils.php on line 80, referer: http://www.bhwallpapers.com/member.php?action=uploadform&cat_id=162

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:24:12 AM »
There are several ways solve the problem:
1) the easiest: don't upload large images (DOH! ;))
2) contact your host administrator and ask them increase memory_limit option in php.ini to a larger number
3) try use ImageMagick or NetPBM, they don't use PHP memory (ask your host administrator if any of these tool available)
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline batu544

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 09:51:51 AM »
Thanks V@no !!!
                         you are simply gr8.. :)   when you were not here, we really missed your reply on each and every topic ..  :D

And ... about the solutions.. 1st is a easy step .. but difficult decide ..  :)  . I will contact host administrator .. lets see what they are saying .. ..

Offline batu544

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »
Hi,
    I talked with host providers, they are not ready to increase the memory limit on a shared server :( .. now I am helpless.  :(

I have made one script to resize the pictures in my own desktop and its working fine .. but for some pictures its not working .. I have no idea why its not working ..

Can anyone help me to doing this script ???

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 02:15:46 PM »
ImageMagick or NetPBM not available on your server?

Offline batu544

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »
ImageMagick or NetPBM not available on your server?

NO idea about the availability .. but if it will be there, then what should I ask to my provider to change and what type of changes do I need to do from my side ?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
If any of these tools installed on the server, your provider should give you information about the path where the tool is located.
For instance, if they say IM (ImageMagick) is located in /usr/bin you should put in 4images settings in "If you have selected "ImageMagick" or "NetPBM", enter path and program name" field: /usr/bin/convert
If they give you NetPBM path, just use it as is.

Offline batu544

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 04:25:29 AM »
 :D  Finally after   3 days long email conversation .. my host increased memory_limit to 64M .. :)

Thanks Vano for your help.