• [MOD] User Categories Area 5 0 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: [MOD] User Categories Area  (Read 90363 times)

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
Re: [MOD] User Categories Area
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2010, 06:22:45 PM »
Anyone here can help me

I have problem, I installed this MOD, no problems what so ever, just want to say my users they register using another software via plugin, they dont register directly on 4images however inside the MOD instaation they ask me to tweak the register.php script and i dont use that script, i have taken the reigster functionality away, is this why when i log in my users cannot see the  'User link' on the left hand side of the screen next to the logout link, also on my admin screen all i seem to see is is the image below,

There is no problem but i dont see to have many of the things on the image that is posted on the instaltion, any reasons why, is this maybe because of the register.php??

Offline budduke

• View Profile
    • http://www.budduke.com
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »
@zakaria666,

Yes, those fields are changed as the user is being registered.
Code: [Select]
user_submitted_allow, user_submitted_directare the fields that get changed when they register based on what you set them for in the control panel.

If you are not able to add those fields through your other means of registering then the only option that I can think of is to change the default setting in the database itself to what you want them to be.

in your PhpMyAdmin, in both of the above fields, change the default setting to "1" and then it should work correctly for you when they register. That does not do anything for your current users. They have to be changed under their user account's settings or if you know SQL you can change the above fields for all current users.

You screen does look correct, you would only see the other one if the Mod detected one of the other mods that it needs to perform the other actions based on the user information, so it looks like you are almost there.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »
@Budduke,

Thank u so much sir for replying back to me,

What i did was registered another user via the plugin from the third party software and tried to see if the user area will appear but it hasnt. I realize the only this will work is if the user actually registers using the 4images registration service. Its a real shame this MOD is amazing, i would love to have it but it seems i cannot due to registration issues. :(

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2010, 12:11:03 AM »
@zakaria666,
do you know how to use phpmyadmin to change your database?

On my post, all you need to do is change the default setting for both of those fields to 1 and then everytime a new database entry is created they will automatically be turned on.

I may be able to create an installer file you can run that will do this for you.

since you are using something else for registration, is it still using the user database? if not, then nothing we will do will change anything, it would have to be changed on the other end.

Can you post or PM me a link to your site so I can see how it is registering?
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2010, 12:21:52 AM »
Budduke, I am using this www.amember.com software and it offers a plugin that registers users that lets them user the username and password on 4images.

Because i am trying to make the registration simpler on the member, i thought it would be wise if they registered in 1 place making it easier for the user rather than having to register in two places. The registration works, the user is able to use the username and password on 4images.

to be honest i really have no clue as to how phpadmin works :( please forgive me i wish i had more knowlegde currently i am learning php with mysql. I will be sooooooooooooooooooooooo honoured if u would be kind enough to make an installer that will help me in using this great MOD, i relaly will. This will be the icing on the cake. I will be seriously over the moon if u can help me.

The registration process works for 4images users can login and users can browse just like if they were to register on the 4images page. Only problem like i said is that when user logs in they have that certain problem of not having any privileges because of the issue u pointed out regarding the mysql issue. Please help me sir, i will pay u for ur hard work. Pm me ur paypal, i wouldnt want to think i am taking advantage. God bless u sir

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2010, 01:09:58 AM »
Hey Buddy Duke,

I have prepping my 4images gallery for use with aMember external registration.  I am following your notes about this with avid interest. I am somewhat familiar with phpmyadmin so I will let you know if I am successful in changing the default settings.

[Edit] changed the default settings for the two fields so I should be all set.  Since we use aMember for several Single Sign On (SSO) functions, what we have found is that aMember creates the user profile in the receiving database, passing those amember fields we specify. So our users register with aMember, providing a user id, password, email, country, sex, state, city, and other information. I work with the folks at aMember to modify the plugin they offer to pass these additional fields to the 4images user database where I have already created the additional fields.

Thanks,

Brian
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:22:59 AM by surferboy »

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2010, 01:27:34 AM »
@ zakaria666,
unzip the attached file and place it in the root of your 4images gallery and run it and it should change the default value of both those fields for you.
It was harder then I thought to change a default value but it worked on my database.

@surferboy,
That would be nice if they looked at the structure of the database they were importing into and tried to mirror it, but the software sounds kinda interesting.
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2010, 12:57:35 AM »
[MOD] UPDATE...
If you are using the media sites mod http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=24054.0
and you need thumbnails to be created while using my user_multi_upload.php file...
Here is what I found should fix it for you...

in the user_multiupload.php file

search for
    $remote_media_file[$i] = format_url(un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['remote_media_file'.$i])));
insert AFTER
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  BEGIN INSERT
*/
  if ($media_sites_data[$i] = media_sites($remote_media_file[$i]))
    $remote_media_file [$i]= $media_sites_data[$i][1]['media_src'];
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

search for
if (!$uploaderror) {insert BEFORE
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  BEGIN INSERT
*/
    for ($i = 0; $i < $user_multiupload_size; $i++) {
if (empty($new_thumb_name[$i]) && $data = media_sites_thumb($media_sites_data[$i], $cat_id, $direct_upload))
{
$new_thumb_name[$i] = $data[0];
}
}
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

search for
$media = $site_template->parse_template("media/".$file_extension);insert BEFORE
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  START INSERT
*/
      media_sites_template_vars($new_name[$i]);
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

That should now give you thumbnails when uploading...
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2010, 02:12:09 AM »
@Budduke,

What can i say bro, You are 1 amazing person. Thank you so much man. The fact you taking time out to help people like me is no words can describe. Im looking at the code and im just shocked as to how advanced your knowlegde is. Please understand i am utterly grateful for what you do for us and the help you are offering this community. I just wish more people were like you and were as commited like you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you budduke and i hope you will amaze us with another great MOD. Your are the best. I sincerely mean that. I hope people are not lazy and take the time out to write a thank you to you

zakaria

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
@Budduke

Hello sir,

I just want to clarify a few things with you.

1) Only members who now register to 4images after this mod has been installed are the only ones that will see the link to  'user category'. And those members who were regsitered before the MOD was installed wont see the link 'user categery'? I just want to make sure that this is the case as u know more than me because i have downloaded this http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=24628.msg150142#msg150142 zip u kindly made that was supposed to do something inside of the database. And give the users that were regsitered before the MOD was installed wil have access to user category. But after installing the zip and logging in as administrator or any other dummy test account i cannot seem to find the user caterogy link on the side.

Thank u Budduke and i would look forward to hearing from u

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2010, 12:34:48 AM »
@ zakaria666,

man, what was I smoking when I made that installer file for you... :oops:
The file just changed the default setting that only takes effect when you create a new user, Boy, I must had allot on my mind that day,

download the attached zip file and unzip the 2 files to your 4images root folder and execute them.
the modify_user_allowed.php file will change all your current users except the guest account to yes.
the modify_user_direct.php will make all your current users allowed to upload without your approval (direct upload)

slight oversight there but I got it this time around,
On my next version of this mod I will add this into it for other users so I am glad it happened so I know how to fix it.

Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline zakaria666

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »
@Budduke,

No way man dont sweat it, it works now. Nice 1. Thanks for that sir. Thanks again for the swift fix

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline Yaso9

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2010, 02:26:09 AM »
[MOD] UPDATE...
If you are using the media sites mod http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=24054.0
and you need thumbnails to be created while using my user_multi_upload.php file...
Here is what I found should fix it for you...

in the user_multiupload.php file

search for
    $remote_media_file[$i] = format_url(un_htmlspecialchars(trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['remote_media_file'.$i])));
insert AFTER
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  BEGIN INSERT
*/
  if ($media_sites_data[$i] = media_sites($remote_media_file[$i]))
    $remote_media_file [$i]= $media_sites_data[$i][1]['media_src'];
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

search for
if (!$uploaderror) {insert BEFORE
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  BEGIN INSERT
*/
    for ($i = 0; $i < $user_multiupload_size; $i++) {
if (empty($new_thumb_name[$i]) && $data = media_sites_thumb($media_sites_data[$i], $cat_id, $direct_upload))
{
$new_thumb_name[$i] = $data[0];
}
}
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

search for
$media = $site_template->parse_template("media/".$file_extension);insert BEFORE
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  START INSERT
*/
      media_sites_template_vars($new_name[$i]);
/*
  MOD MEDIA SITES
  END INSERT
*/

That should now give you thumbnails when uploading...

great
but  is it possible to get thumb from youtube ? from same video ?

Offline budduke

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »
@ Yaso9,

Not sure what your question is but if you have installed the other MOD called Media sites, then this patch creates thumnails for the remote videos just like it does in the other mod.
Is that your question?
Buddy Duke
www.budduke.com

Offline surferboy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 02:37:54 AM »
Hi -

I'm doing some tweaks on our FAQ's and wondered if there was a way to limit Image Name in character length in the coding?

Otherwise, if someone enters a long field name, it plays havoc with our row display and template and causes the template to bulge outwards.  Depending on how the image name is entered, with or without underscores, 4images does not provide automatic wrapping to conform with the row box dimensions when you click on a given category.

In other words, we have 2 rows of 6 images configured for our templates as a display when you click on a category.  If the image name gets too long, it pushes the row outwards to the side, and therefore pushes the template out as well.

[edit]

Another question/issue:
I tried to upload this image using the remote url function and adding her name, Susan Francia, as the image name:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1Ssoxfl0MvQ/StxFzLrMzeI/AAAAAAAAKQE/hQhbEIVVES8/s1600-h/espn9.jpg

The result is the "eye image" and the image name but when you click on the image name, and go to the details page, all you see is her image name but not the image. Have I missed something? Not sure why this is not working.

Thanks for considering my requests and questions.

Brian
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:57:16 PM by surferboy »