Author Topic: Warning Function copy failed to open......  (Read 3883 times)

Offline rosie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
Warning Function copy failed to open......
« on: September 08, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »
Hi all.
I am getting this message when I try to Validate  images in my 4images 1.7.2

Warning: copy(./../data/media/8/cherokeeanddd.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/onlyfarm/public_html/vote/admin/admin_functions.php on line 111

Warning: copy(./../data/thumbnails/8/.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/onlyfarm/public_html/vote/admin/admin_functions.php on line 155
Error adding image: True Love (cherokeeanddd.jpg)

I made sure there is a folder named 8 under the data/media and data/thumbnails   AND    have deleted them 3 times and made new ones.
I also have made sure the correct permissions are set. 
I tried to read the faq's and fix this myself but I am still getting the error.
Can someone please Help me?

Here is the url to my site where the vote script is.   http://www.onlyfarms.com/vote/   if someone would like to upload a photo so I can test again and fix this.
I am glad to pay for help here, I am very happy with this script, just limited in my knowledge of fixing problems. :lol:

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Warning Function copy failed to open......
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 01:52:37 AM »
If your host turned on SAFE MODE, then thats the problem...refer FAQ for more info and possible work around it.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline rosie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:55:07 PM »
Hi Thank you for taking the time to answer.  Safe Mode is not on.  Please -Can you help with anything else I need to check for?

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:04:04 PM »
Then there are only two reasons could possibly cause this:
1) data/media/8/ does not exists
2) data/media/8/ is not writable (aka not CHMOD 777)

I know you insist that you've checked the permissions, but it wont hurt to double check ;)
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline rosie

• Pre-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:07:22 AM »
but it wont hurt to double check

OR Triple check.  I had checked more than once, but just now when I read your reply I checked again -and all of them except 4 folders were set to 755!
The weird thing is, just now when I clicked each folder and then clicked on 'change permissions' the permissions were already all ticked and showing 777 all I had to do was click to change them, it's never been like that before. It should have been showing 755 and then I could have changed it to 777........strange
I changed all of them back and maybe now it will work I'm sure it should.
I wonder if this had something to do with my server being down a few hours last week? I wonder how the permissions got changed and why they were correct when I clicked on it. Any ideas?
Oh by the way Thank you for your patience and your quick response here.

Offline V@no

• Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 12:29:48 AM »
another posibility is something wrong with your FTP client ;)

If I were you, I'd contact host administrator with this question, maybe they changed something or even they could check their logs to make sure the server wasnt hacked...who knows..