Author Topic: Auto Thumbnailer  (Read 6461 times)

Offline boxer101

• View Profile
Auto Thumbnailer
« on: August 14, 2006, 10:36:13 PM »
Hi All!

Does the auto thumbnailer mod work with 1.7.3?

I cant get it to work if it is supposed to work with 1.7.3!

I am uploading WMV files.
I made a default wmv.gif icon

When I upload a thumbnail it is full size.  When I check thumbnails with the auto thumbnailer mod it does not find the image. 

Does anyone know whats wrong?

Thanks!

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
Re: Auto Thumbnailer
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:22:26 AM »
I think the problem is that you misunderstood the purpose of auto thumbnailer...auto thumbnailer is the tool that creates thumbnails out of full images. In your case if you want to resize the thumbnail, you'll need use auto image resizer tool instead.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline comicart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 08:52:46 PM »
I'm not sure V@no.

After upgrading (another) gallery from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3, the automatic thumbnail (using ImageMagick) is not working.

When I upload an image, the *full size image* also appears *as the thumbnail image* on the Category page.

Anyone else having this problem?
Is there a work-around?

Apache/1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP/4.4.4
MySQL 4.1.21

Terry

PS - Maybe this could be moved to Installation/Configuration? Or Bugs?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 09:43:26 PM by comicart »

Offline comicart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:45:40 AM »
To follow up with myself here (until V@no or Jan or someone with more brains than me does), I just wanted to update that I double checked with the hosting company - the path to the convert utility of ImageMagik is still correct.

AND I tried uploading throught the Admin Control Panel and using the "auto-thumbnailer" feature there. Although it *said* the thumbnail was created, it was not shown on the Category page. Instead, a full-sized image was. :/

Terry

Offline comicart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 01:31:54 AM »
Ongoing...

I checked my template "thumbnail_bit.html" against the one in the default folder - nothing different.

I checked categories.html and category_bit.html too just to be sure - nothing different.

As an additional test to make sure it wasn't something on the Categories page, I walked through the process again. The *full sized* thumbnail *also* appears on the index page "new images" preview.

I checked the "4images_settings" table in phpMyAdmin but didn't see any thumbnail size settings like are in the ACP.
Can anyone tell me where those thumbnail size settings are supposed to be?

Terry

Offline V@no

• If you don't tell me what to do, I won't tell you where you should go :)
  • Global Moderator
  • 4images Guru
  • mmm PHP...
    • View Profile
    • 4images MODs Demo
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 01:37:52 AM »
AND I tried uploading throught the Admin Control Panel and using the "auto-thumbnailer" feature there. Although it *said* the thumbnail was created, it was not shown on the Category page. Instead, a full-sized image was. :/
Every time someone say something like this, they come back later telling that after their host reinstalled ImageMagick the problem is gone...
So, from about 50 posts with this problem I only can asume that your case is the same - the ImageMagick is screwed up...contact your host administrator.
Your first three "must do" before you ask a question:
Please do not PM me asking for help unless you've been specifically asked to do so. Such PMs will be deleted without answer. (forum rule #6)
Extension for Firefox/Thunderbird: Master Password+    Back/Forward History Tweaks (restartless)    Cookies Manager+    Fit Images (restartless for Thunderbird)

Offline comicart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 02:32:55 AM »
Thanks V@no - I just reinstalled ImageMagick (5.4.4-18) and that wasn't the problem.

But this was! ---
Somehow, I guess when making the change from "covert" to "sample" in the image_utils.php, I screwed up that file.
I overwrote it with the default image_utils.php and made the change again. - And it's fixed!

I guess if I keep beating my head up against a wall *something* eventually comes out.

Thanks for the tip - it may help someone else in the future. And hopefully my resolution helps someone too.

Cheers,
Terry

Offline alekseyn1

• View Profile
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 04:12:45 AM »
Hi everyone!
How do I make the thumbnailer.php (version 2.2.1) in CP see that the thumbs are missing?
This function does not see that mov,wmv,avi,mpg  files have no thumbs in Database....  I am using this code

http://www.4homepages.de/forum/index.php?topic=12272.15

Please help. I have a ton of videos with no preview that I want to add thumbs to but the thumbnailer does not check mov,wmv,avi,mpg files
Thanks,
Aleksey